tree pined down my neighbor on his tractor

/ tree pined down my neighbor on his tractor #11  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( ANY TIME I GET OFF i put the lever in netural)</font>

I have no choice ( a GOOD thing) - interlock on my NH TC40D requires gear in neutral and parking brake set to get off seat or engine will shut down.

Mark

/ tree pined down my neighbor on his tractor #12  
On my little tractor I've got a hydro pedal on each side(forward right foot, backwards left) and no neutral. So I set the brake, lower any implement and and shut it off. It won't go anywhere. On my bigger tractor, I had both hydro pedals on the left side where the cab door was. I'd leave it in gear, lower the implement, point the leading edge of the FEL into the ground, shut it off and get out. It wasn't going anywhere, either.

The only time I get off the little tractor with it running is when I warm it up in winter. Then I get completely in the seat, both feet in the wells, start it up, check the parking brake by trying to go forward and reverse, then carefully get off.

/ tree pined down my neighbor on his tractor
Henro,
At first I tended to agree with you after reading your comments on a previous thread. I found out quickly( by driving off with the brake engaged) that the hst is more powerful than the brake. I tested out locking the brake while on hills mowing and I can't get the bx to move. I don't know about the 2910, but the bx seems to hold well with just the brake. I worry about kicking the hst pedal or slipping getting on/ off and getting whaled by the rops as it goes by (or worse).
just my .02,
DaveL

/ tree pined down my neighbor on his tractor #14  
My big tractor can drive off with the parking brake set. It is very powerful.

The little tractor has pin-in-slot type brakes on the front wheel motors and won't move with the parking brake engaged.

/ tree pined down my neighbor on his tractor #15  
I need to have the brakes set and the transmission in neutral also or it will shut off if you leave the seat...