Need a roll over tractor

/ Need a roll over tractor #1  

cmyoung2

Gold Member
Tractor
BCS 850, Kubota BX2230 w/FEL, mid mount mower, 41" tiller Kubota L3600 w/4-1FEL, Farmi winch
Background- I'm a retired Extension agent, had responsibilities in farm safety. For the last 18-20 years we have used a "rollover tractor" as part of our safety demos, primarly with high school ag groups and some farm groups. the old tractor is a Ford 801 workmaster, with a frame to protect the body. We roll it one time with the rollbar, one without, and let everyone see what happens to the "dummy". Very visual, very violent. The problem is the tractor gets rolled 6-12 times/year--for the last 18 years. The poor old tractor is coming apart at the seams. To continue the program we need a "new" tractor". Something similar in size to the 801 seems to work well, we can transport, tow, turn back up right with the research farm equipment. The tractor does not need to run. In fact, we have drained all fluids, removed oil pan and radiator. Located in Ashe County, NC- Jefferson, just north of Boone, on the VA/TN/NC line. If you know of any "junked " tractor of this size that still looks semi-decent that could be donated (Tax deductible) or purchaced at a very reasonable price with in 150-200 miles we would be very interested. I am still involved with the safety days as a volunteer and would probably be the one to retreive the new "victim". Contact Charles_Young@ncsu.edu

/ Need a roll over tractor #2  
Maybe post this in the Craigslist "wanted" section, too

/ Need a roll over tractor #3  
Can't help you with the tractor, but do have a request.... can you please take a video of your next roll over demo (hopefully with a "new" donor tractor) and post it on Utube so we can all watch it?? Or maybe you already have a video you can link us too? I am very interested in watching it. Thanks, and good luck at finding a new "donor" to roll!

/ Need a roll over tractor #4  
Same here - would love to see the demo, and have y kids watch it!

/ Need a roll over tractor #5  
Greetings:
Two ideas: When I needed a tractor for a farm accident rescue class, I put the word out through one of the local tractor dealerships. A farmer got a better deduction from us than he was offered as a "trade in". The dealership was happy as they would have scrapped it anyway. We wound up destroying this particular tractor but most times they are used just for lifting training.

The other is contact your local Fire/Rescue agency and see if a cooperative training prop could be had. In fact if you involved them, and they did a demo of what it took to get the tractor off of a live victim it might sink home more.

Good luck.
CT

/ Need a roll over tractor
Working on the dealers, just haven't got the right one yet. We actually use the tractor for fire rescue training, victim extrication, both through the local VFD and community college system. The unit is based on one of the state's research farms, so we get to use it with some interesting groups.
Thanks

/ Need a roll over tractor #7  
Have you considered applying for grant money?