This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch...

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #41  
vtsnowedin said:
Not surprising actually. A sideways hit on a 6000 pound SUV hit head on by a 60,000 pound truck. Six ton engine and tranny went right through the passenger compartment of the SUV without hitting the SUV's engine first. Closing speed was probably better then ninety miles per hour adding the speed of both vehicles together. The train hit you mention was probably nowhere near as direct a head on or at a lot less speed.

I understand the physics behind this accident. I cannot believe having seen what I have seen over the years that there would be nothing left of the SUV! Vehicles bend and crumple when impacted (even very hard and fast). SUV's in Russia must be made out of rice paper...

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #42  
I understand the physics behind this accident. I cannot believe having seen what I have seen over the years that there would be nothing left of the SUV! Vehicles bend and crumple when impacted (even very hard and fast). SUV's in Russia must be made out of rice paper...
We don't get to see what is left of the SUV . the dash cam never pans back. There is probably more there then our impression as it goes out of view. From what I can see the truck frame being higher went over the frame of the SUV and stripped the passenger compartment off it's frame which went under the tires of the truck. The passenger compartment being made as light as possible uses the thinnest of sheet steel and a lot of plastic and foam insulation. That is what is flying all about. I expect the SUV frame ended up as a twisted mess with all four tires snapped off at the wheel studs or CV joints and the engine and tranny ended up in one or two large pieces off on the shoulder. Horrific though anyway you look at it. What was Russian about the video?

Last edited:
   / This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #43  
vtsnowedin said:
We don't get to see what is left of the SUV . the dash cam never pans back. There is probably more there then our impression as it goes out of view. From what I can see the truck frame being higher went over the frame of the SUV and stripped the passenger compartment off it's frame which went under the tires of the truck. The passenger compartment being made as light as possible uses the thinnest of sheet steel and a lot of plastic and foam insulation. That is what is flying all about. I expect the SUV frame ended up as a twisted mess with all four tires snapped off at the wheel studs or CV joints and the engine and tranny ended up in one or two large pieces off on the shoulder. Horrific though anyway you look at it. What was Russian about the video?

I posted the follow up video link on you tube in a previous post

The original poster on you tube is circo1594c

This username is from Russia do a YouTube search for the username...many videos of collisions

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #44  
I posted the follow up video link on you tube in a previous post

The original poster on you tube is circo1594c

This username is from Russia do a YouTube search for the username...many videos of collisions

Also the exclamations uttered after the crash inside the camera car.. Not English..

Is it possible that wasn't an SUV but a pickup with a fiberglass camper shell?. I cannot be sure what it was..but sure were a lot of pieces flying about when it came apart.

James K0UA