This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch...

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #1  

JohnDeere4300

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300
Because there ''could have been'' a whole family in the vehicle!

The traffic was going way too fast in those conditions!.. IMHO!

Vidvir

Bill

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #2  
Oh man,, what can I say.. so sad. Yes too fast for conditions..a little driver inattention..let it drift over into the icy slop and now he is dead.. sad.

James K0UA

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #4  
Thanks for the post. It gives us all thought about how we drive.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #5  
Just goes to show us all it doesn't take long for life to end in a blink of an eye, WOW IS RIGHT!!

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #6  
Holy crapola. I could see right away they were going way to fast for conditions, especially when wheels are in the slushy stuff.

I better slow down too, I see.

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #8  
One other note: staying in 4WD is such conditions will help a little bit to maintain lateral stability. 4WD is not a panacea that will fix all problems, and certainly will not make you stop any faster, but it can help some in preventing fishtailing with a rear wheel drive vehicle like that pickup did when he drifted over into the icy slop and lost control. But the best thing to do is slow down! This gives you more time to react to the fishtail skid event and to steer into the direction of the skid and regain control.. You will notice that the delivery truck driver did a pretty good job of regaining control of his vehicle even after he was set sideways by the pickup hitting him unexpectedly. You guys that live in colder climes might want to chime in here with your thoughts, but us southern boys slow down when things get bad.. those that don't... well the wrecker and ambulance guys will do their best..

James K0UA

/ This Video Is Just ''Sad'' To Watch... #9  
One other note: staying in 4WD is such conditions will help a little bit to maintain lateral stability. 4WD is not a panacea that will fix all problems, and certainly will not make you stop any faster, but it can help some in preventing fishtailing with a rear wheel drive vehicle like that pickup did when he drifted over into the icy slop and lost control. But the best thing to do is slow down! This gives you more time to react to the fishtail skid event and to steer into the direction of the skid and regain control.. You will notice that the delivery truck driver did a pretty good job of regaining control of his vehicle even after he was set sideways by the pickup hitting him unexpectedly. You guys that live in colder climes might want to chime in here with your thoughts, but us southern boys slow down when things get bad.. those that don't... well the wrecker and ambulance guys will do their best..

James K0UA

I agree, conditions were good enough for the box truck to be able to regain control, even after being put in the same slush sideways, not once, but twice. There had to be some traction where there was no snow, to do that.

I wonder if the driver of the SUV was have been somehow impaired? Or, had limited winter driving experience? Seemed to be a lack of judgment, and control.

Anyone have a link to the story?