Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #1  

woodlandfarms

Tractor
PowerTrac 1850, Kubota RTV x900
I was following the other thread on the JD, and it occured to me that if my PT went up, and I carry a fire extinguisher, would I realistically be able to put it out with that one extinguisher. It is such a small extinguisher in the grand scheme of things.

Or if I started a grass fire?

I guess it is better to have one and not find out than to have one and wish I had it but...

Any fireman have opinions?

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #2  
Not a fireman but I would rather have an extinguisher avaialable, and I do...

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #3  
Have one in the truck but for some reason it has never registered in my brain that having one on the tractor would be a good thing. Probably could attach it to the ROPS using ban clamps?

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #4  
better to have one then not have one.

i've used my extinguishers to help other people put their fires out..

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #5  
HERE is a link to my BX25 goodies thread...

It has stuff like the below in it;

fire-x-1.jpg

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #6  
another bit of FE advice. put a lil masking tape over the nozzle end. keeps bugs out that might plug the tube/end with dirt.. like mud daubbers...

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #7  
Had a wisconsin motor on a heston haybine catch on fire in the middle of a hay field about a mile from the barn, melted the carb and fuel pump off, plastic fuel line from under the seat to the motor melted dumping gas on it - long story short neighbor showed up with some cans of white powder - put some in my hand and threw it on the machine and it went out. Would like to know what was in that red can.

Bob

/ Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #8  
I have mine attached to a metal plate, the plate is clamped to the ROPS. ~~ grnspot

Attachments

• Farm 050.jpg
    Farm 050.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 1,663
   / Is a fire extinguisher worth it on a tractor #10  
I am not a fire extinguisher expert! In the mill I worked at before retiring they had one man whose job was to go around and examine dry powder extinguisher every 4 months. The reason was that the vibration from all the machinery running would compact all the powder down and it would become a solid mass and the extinguisher was inoperative. His job was to turn them over and bang it with a rubber hammer a few times making the mass break back up to become a powder again! So my question is, is a dry powder extinguisher the best for a tractor mounted application? What, if anything, would be better??
is, is a dry powder extinguisher the best for a tractor mounted application? What, if anything, would be better?? :confused: