Pistol Safety

/ Pistol Safety #1  

greasemonkeyok

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD cut
I was mowing the other evening and had the wife's 9mm Kahr in a IWB holster. After interaction with tree branches and other maneuvering, the holster was still there, but I noticed the pistol was gone!:(

Looked around the floorboard - nothing. Jumped off the tractor, walked the area most likely to have been the place where it came out - nothing. I had visions of the brush hog having launched it into the neighbor's pasture along with errant rocks. Drove back to the barn following the original path, carefully looking for it on the path - nothing.

Got off, got a drink of water, got back on, looked down, and the tractor had a dead aim at my right eyeball. It was sitting on the floorboard next to the seat and rear wheel.

Note to self, secure pistol while riding tractor.:thumbsup: Since it has a trigger safety, the obvious danger to my well-being was having to tell the wife that I had lost her pistol.

/ Pistol Safety #2  
I was mowing the other evening and had the wife's 9mm Kahr in a IWB holster. After interaction with tree branches and other maneuvering, the holster was still there, but I noticed the pistol was gone!:(

Looked around the floorboard - nothing. Jumped off the tractor, walked the area most likely to have been the place where it came out - nothing. I had visions of the brush hog having launched it into the neighbor's pasture along with errant rocks. Drove back to the barn following the original path, carefully looking for it on the path - nothing.

Got off, got a drink of water, got back on, looked down, and the tractor had a dead aim at my right eyeball. It was sitting on the floorboard next to the seat and rear wheel.

Note to self, secure pistol while riding tractor.:thumbsup: Since it has a trigger safety, the obvious danger to my well-being was having to tell the wife that I had lost her pistol.

OOPs.. and the Kahr K9 is a nice pistol too!. I have one. I am thinking you might benefit by some kind of flap holster with a snap. That should keep dirt and chaff out of the action also, as well as being more secure.

James K0UA

/ Pistol Safety #3  
i slip my keltec p32 or p3at into a ziplock baggy and then holster it.. ( comes with a zippered holster that goes on your belt.

the ziplock keeps dust, sweat and rain out. the holster is 100% positive retention..

/ Pistol Safety #4  
Even if you had lost it I assume you carry a second strapped to your ankle.

/ Pistol Safety #5  
shhh! you are giving away all of our secrets (wink)

/ Pistol Safety #6  
I was mowing the other evening and had the wife's 9mm Kahr in a IWB holster. After interaction with tree branches and other maneuvering, the holster was still there, but I noticed the pistol was gone!

I don't carry IWB (just never liked it) so I carry either a .38 in my pocket or a handgun OWB on my hip. My OWB holsters all have retention straps...

I haven't bought one yet, but I think the best holster for working on a tractor is a tanker holster (holstered across your chest). You might want to look into one of those.

As far as rsewill's comment about carrying a second piece on your ankle...good idea, but I keep the LCP in a vest pocket.
Always nice to have two guns accessible, right?

/ Pistol Safety #7  
I have a concealed carry license.... but ive never needed to carry while mowing the yard. you must live in a bad neighborhood LOL :laughing:

or you really hate ground squirrels.

/ Pistol Safety #8  
I have a concealed carry license.... but ive never needed to carry while mowing the yard. you must live in a bad neighborhood LOL :laughing:

who said just mowing the yard.

one of my pastures is miles from my house. have to tractor to and from.. etc. back inthe stix a bit. have to stand onthe cannopy/rops to get cell coverage out there!!

/ Pistol Safety #9  

You never know when some of the lefties from Minnesota or Wisconsin will come visiting!
Like a boy scout...be prepared!

/ Pistol Safety #10  
You never know when some of the lefties from Minnesota or Wisconsin will come visiting!
Like a boy scout...be prepared!

that is why i like it where i live..... no one messes with you. and the wildlife aint armed (yet)

no lefties about either hehe