WV STORM DAMAGE

/ WV STORM DAMAGE #1  

dex3361

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm
We were hit hard and I made a run around the property at least as far as I could get.

ForumRunner_20120701_145228.jpg

/ WV STORM DAMAGE
Here is a wild cherry the first was an oak

ForumRunner_20120701_145623.jpg

/ WV STORM DAMAGE #3  
Well, in the grand scheme of things, you're doing OK...
Nothing hit your house or vehicles...no injuries and you must still have electricity (since you're posting).
And, look at that firewood you'll have come Winter...

/ WV STORM DAMAGE #4  
Here is a wild cherry the first was an oak

View attachment 271649

dex - I have a good friend that lost 300 hogs due to some wild cherry trees that were knocked down in a storm and he did not see them and the hogs ate the leaves and all died....huge loss...so I hope you have no animals that could happen to.

I hate the high winds when we get them or the Ice storms....I almost always know I am in for some serious work on the farm cleaning up the downed trees and branches....Sorry it happened to you..

/ WV STORM DAMAGE
Roy you are so right. We have been without power since Friday at 6:30or so. I have been running my small diesel generator and keeping a window unit ac and an oxygen concentrator running. Thankfully there was no damage to the house or any buildings. It is a mad house looking for fuel and people are at there best at times like these. I went out to Church and to look for fuel for myFIL he wanted to keep running his gas generator but went through all his gas.

Last edited:
   / WV STORM DAMAGE
I have no animals my neighbors do but have been busy getting rid of the wild cherry before it wilts. It is really a wide area event.

/ WV STORM DAMAGE
Here are some more I snapped with the smart phone. After looking at these pics they didnt come out so well. that log that the helmet is hanging on is 2 foot thick at least at chest height.

ForumRunner_20120701_174302.jpg

ForumRunner_20120701_174245.png

ForumRunner_20120701_174228.jpg

ForumRunner_20120701_174207.jpg

/ WV STORM DAMAGE
I will not be able to cut the one with the helmet in the pic because it drops straight off behind the log and it would be dangerous to cut it with the equipment I have.

ForumRunner_20120701_174901.jpg

/ WV STORM DAMAGE #10  
Glad to hear that you and the family are ok. Be careful during the cleanup, blowdowns can be dangerous.