Elite Member
    Tractor
    1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.

Default Weird Deaths

Two killed when Md train derails. Just found out one was a local college student. What are the odds of being killed by loaded coal railroad cars falling on you from a rr over pass? I use to have a saying that the only way a plane would kill me is if it fell on me. Falling rail road cars, thats bazar.

mark
    red tractor
    blue tractor
    green tractor
    orange tractor
    too many impliments to list

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

And did you see the guy who had his pickup clipped when a plane with engine trouble had to use the highway on which the pickup was driving as an emergency landing strip yesterday? Fortunately only paint damage to both the truck and plane but you never know. I often get this strange feeling when waiting at railroad crossings - what if then train derails right now? I wouldn't stand a chance.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Default Re: Weird Deaths

In my 22 years working in EMS- certainly saw many who "should have" died and those that did without much to "cause" it. I guess when your time is up..........
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor
    Craftsman

Coming up to a marked and gated crossing one day, the wife and I observed a carload of ?? darkskinned people coming from the opposite direction. The driver just drove all the way onto the double tracks, came to a stop, looked both ways, then safely'?!' continued on! That could have been bad.
    Frank
    Just an 8N so far...

Tractor
    Kubota 7510, Toro Groundsmaster 217D

Unbelievable......... reminds me of the saying "never race a train- even if it's a tie, you lose"
    I thank God everyday for all of the blessings he has given me- especially for the one's I do not recognize or see!

Tractor
    John Deere 4400 MFWD, Deere 855D UTV and assorted implements

Quote Originally Posted by mjarrels View Post
    Two killed when Md train derails. Just found out one was a local college student. What are the odds of being killed by loaded coal railroad cars falling on you from a rr over pass? I use to have a saying that the only way a plane would kill me is if it fell on me. Falling rail road cars, thats bazar.

mark
    I'd been in Ellicott City many times in my life...never walked across that bridge but drove under it (as one must when entering Ellicott City). There's a bar on one side of the bridge...used to be a rough and rowdy place, but I think it's gentrified now.
    Anyway, that bridge is pretty narrow.

Back when I was a teenager, a kid (late teens) crawled under a train that had stopped on the Thomas Viaduct (look that up) which is a few miles outside Ellicott City. As he was crawling, the train started moving. He was trisected. I was riding with my Dad on patrol at a local State Park (Patapsco...look that up too) when the call came in. The surprising thing was how little blood there was, even through he had been cut into three pieces.
    Roy Jackson

"Any government that does not trust its citizens with firearms is either a tyranny, or planning to become one."
    -Joseph P. Martino