Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

Default Tropical storm rains

Well the rains finally getting here from tropical storm which are very welcome indeed. Brother in law and I were out digging out some dirt from the nearly dry pond till the rain hit about 2pm. Sure hope we get about 6" or more in the next couple of days. Winds arent too bad but gusts whip up pretty high up to 50 MPH estimated. Rains are going sideways mostly.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    Kubota L3750

Default Re: Tropical storm rains

Careful what you wish for there.
    1st Peter 1:6-9

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

Quote Originally Posted by Treemonkey1000 View Post
    Careful what you wish for there.
    Yes indeed.

MoKelly

Tractor

6" of rain over a 2 day period where I live might cause the creeks to rise a bit but not much. We have had 4" in a couple hours and next morning it was blowing dust. Right now it is just a light rain falling which will get soaked up at this rate which is good for the trees and grass.
    Here in Bismarck area we arent like Los Angeles where a 1/4" of rain will cause flooding and an inch will cause mud slides.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    6" of rain over a 2 day period where I live might cause the creeks to rise a bit but not much. We have had 4" in a couple hours and next morning it was blowing dust. Right now it is just a light rain falling which will get soaked up at this rate which is good for the trees and grass.
    Here in Bismarck area we arent like Los Angeles where a 1/4" of rain will cause flooding and an inch will cause mud slides.
    Gary we also have started to get some rain other than the 1/2 inch a month ago first real rain since middle of June.
    Going to be nice not to have to wash the dust off the fish before cooking them.
    Dog again can run in the woods since the trees will not be chasing him.
    Living toward the top of a hill can take a 4" rain and not worry about flooding.

ken

Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota, John Deere, Case, Massey Ferguson, Ford

I sure hope we get some, quite a few people are drilling new wells or going deeper with existing ones. Our ponds are really low and crops are suffering.
    Last edited by TripleR; 08-31-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: sp
    Thread on helpful tractor abbreviations: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/o...-acronyms.html

Tractor

Well the weatherman now says we may get 1.15" accumulation total out of it. I guess that is better than none. At least with the slow drizzle it will all soak in and maybe keep more trees from dying. I guess we can get back to our pond dig out after the rain stops. Last year we dug it deeper and again this year we are taking out more dirt as it dries up.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    Well the weatherman now says we may get 1.15" accumulation total out of it. I guess that is better than none. At least with the slow drizzle it will all soak in and maybe keep more trees from dying. I guess we can get back to our pond dig out after the rain stops. Last year we dug it deeper and again this year we are taking out more dirt as it dries up.
    Gary I put a 5 gal. bucket under eve of shop and got 2" in the run off. Then last night it was a light drizzle to some rain.
    I also cleaned out the pond at the back 40 for cattle to drink. made the bank about 3 feet higher so when it fills there will more water.
    3 other ponds are still way below normal water level.

With this soil getting some moisture can again start rebuilding the fence where cattle stressed it trying to get a blade of grasss.
    Do you use Lake Degray campgrounds much. and the fishing is good there.
    ken

Veteran Member
    Jefferson County, Mo, ... about 35 miles out of St. Louis.
    Tractor
    Bobcat 235, Gravely ZTR.

They are sayong St. Louis will get between 4 inches and 6 inches of rain over today thru Sunday. I am suprised you got so little in Arkansas.

MoKelly

Tractor

Do you use Lake Degray campgrounds much. and the fishing is good there.
    ken[/QUOTE]
    To tell the truth, I have been here for over 2 years now and only been to the lake one time and didnt catch a thing. Everyone of the locals say it is best around, says it is great fishing. Dont know anything about the camp grounds as it is only 4 miles from my driveway to the boat ramp so I am not likely to be camping out there. It seems that it is always too darned hot of too cold for me. Maybe next spring I will try to find some fish. I really want to go to Lake Ouachita and try out the striper fishing in the spring. A friend went last spring and caught a small 40 lb one. Since I am now retired, maybe I will be able to do some fishing. It always seemed that when working I was out of the country during the spring fishing and always too hot when I got home or too busy with catch up work to bother

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast