Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor!

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #41  
I must be missing something. I don't mean to disrespect anybody else's experience, but I just don't get it. The lift arms have no downforce, so in order to hook them up, all I do is drop them all the way down, then pick them up by hand and push them onto the implement's pins. I realize that some folks might lack the strength to do this, but I'm hardly a body-builder. Are y'all's lift arms a lot heavier than mine? All category 1 arms should be pretty much the same, no?

I do have to say that I appreciate not having the rear 3pt control lever. It means that if I am going to move the rear implement from the ground, it is much more natural to be standing to the right side of the tractor, as opposed to back near the implement. I'd probably feel differently if I had either a larger tractor, or a cab.
It's very handy for lining up the top link and for implements that are too heavy to nudge by hand. Also I find that the two lower arms aren't that easy to lift and operate the extension at the same time. You just have to be aware of what's going to happen when you raise or lower the 3pt before you do it.
I imagine at some point Kioti will drop the feature as someone will break their foot and sue, but for now I think its a similar risk level to dumping a load back on yourself with a non self-leveling loader.

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #42  
I like the feature and use it.. Is it potentially dangerous?.. Yes, It could be. I am glad he posted this, to help remind all of us with this feature on our Bobcats and Kioti's that we need to be careful..We get so used to operating our tractors I think we get complacent.

James K0UA

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #43  
I don't know why they put a 3ph lever on the back. I thought all owners manuals say to shut the tractor off before exiting and lower all implements/attachments.

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #44  
Sobering thought on this.
Two of my neighbours are currently in the hospital fighting for their lives.
They were in a field clearing brush. Not sure exactly how this happened, as no one really knows, but the steering wheel was turned and it slipped into gear.
Tractor ran over them both TWICE.
One had his chest crushed, left lung displaced where right one should be.
Other had liver laserted so bad he was in operating room for over six hours.
This happened about two days ago. Still no word on current condition.

TRACTORS ARE DANGEROUS. TURN THEM OFF WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN THE SEAT.

Glenn.

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #45  
The human mind is a strange thing. Here I am, having read all these posts, now fully aware of the risks involved by not wearing steel-toed shoes but yet, I am about to jump on my tractor wearing my WalMart rubber clogs. The same ones I've been wearing for the last two years. Just to show you how crazy I am, I also wear these open-heal clogs when I'm welding. But yet, I am a safe driver...go figure.

Oh, and maintaining two miles of gravel roads, no way am I shutting that tractor off every time I need to chuck a big rock off to the side. I know...I am lucky to be alive.

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor!
The human mind is a strange thing. Here I am, having read all these posts, now fully aware of the risks involved by not wearing steel-toed shoes but yet, I am about to jump on my tractor wearing my WalMart rubber clogs. The same ones I've been wearing for the last two years. Just to show you how crazy I am, I also wear these open-heal clogs when I'm welding. But yet, I am a safe driver...go figure.

Oh, and maintaining two miles of gravel roads, no way am I shutting that tractor off every time I need to chuck a big rock off to the side. I know...I am lucky to be alive.

We all break the rules but it makes sense to be aware of the consequences to insure we are not blithe when not using appropriate safety gear. I've got holes burned through my boat shoes by welding slag but I still fail to change shoes in the summer. Now I do a better job of watching where I place my feet though!

I almost never shut down my tractor when getting off and on again. I do shut down the PTO before leaving the operator station however. Compromise.

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #47  
Also, pay attention to where your feet are when pulling the second QA lever.... Especially when wearing sneakers. :shocked:

/ Always !!! lower your 3PT attachment when leaving the tractor! #48  
I've been reading this thread and visibility seems to be the biggest problem. Don't know how this will be accepted by you Kioti owners, but for safety's sake here's what I would do:

Attachments

• metric allen wrench.jpg
    metric allen wrench.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 188