Cottonmouth!!!

/ Cottonmouth!!! #1  

Timm250

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800 w/1600 hrs., Case Farmall 95 w/800 hrs., Long 2510 w/1100 hrs, Cat 236B2 Skidsteer w/1000 hrs
Walked up about 3-4 feet from this one before I saw it. The bulge sticking out of it was a baby rabbit.

ForumRunner_20120911_122829.jpg

ForumRunner_20120911_122914.png

/ Cottonmouth!!! #2  
Two quotes come to mind: (1) Your eyes were bigger than your Stomach and (2) Never bite off more than you can Chew.:D

/ Cottonmouth!!! #6  
I dont mind killing any venomous snake. There are plenty of non-venomous to keep the rats at bay. Cotton mouth moccassins feed on frogs and fish mostly and I like my frogs and fish better than the snakes. I have a good sized garter snake living in my wifes flower bed that keeps the insects at bay so I let him be even though it scares the pee out of her occassionally when she sees it.

/ Cottonmouth!!! #7  
I dont mind killing any venomous snake. There are plenty of non-venomous to keep the rats at bay. Cotton mouth moccassins feed on frogs and fish mostly and I like my frogs and fish better than the snakes. I have a good sized garter snake living in my wifes flower bed that keeps the insects at bay so I let him be even though it scares the pee out of her occassionally when she sees it.

well guess it's up to us to chose what we like & don't like to kill. guess the only good venomous snake's a dead one....glad we now all live in a safer world.

/ Cottonmouth!!!
big bubba said:
why did you kill it? close to house?

It was coiled up right where I needed to fix the fence. Also there are lots of these in this field and they are usually very aggressive.

/ Cottonmouth!!! #9  
well guess it's up to us to chose what we like & don't like to kill. guess the only good venomous snake's a dead one....glad we now all live in a safer world.

Amen--- A lot of needless suffering to both man and beast would be the result.

---- J