TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #1  

beckmurph

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota LX2610 TLB
2012-09-06_17-44-26_22.jpg2012-09-06_17-43-49_766.jpg:D
Pardon the lousy pictures, but it was from a phone. This looked to be a MasseyFerguson compact tractor. All I could really see, was that it had a 232 loader on it. So I really have no idea what brand tractor it was. I don't know if you can see it, but there was one chain across the middle of the tractor and was not even tight. I guess the tractor had a really good parking brake on it.
Using a phone while driving is not that safe either:eek:

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #2  
Wow. Traveling on a highway too. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #3  
This was this morning. The bush hog was hanging 5 ft. off of the trailer. In his defense, he did have a chain loosely draped through the brush guard on front. 2012-09-12_07-40-16_227.jpg

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #4  
Wow. Traveling on a highway too. That is a disaster waiting to happen.

Nahhh..... He's got that 1" nylon strap on the back to keep it from coming off the back end of the trailer. It ain't going nowhere!! :thumbsup:

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #5  
Couldn't be 5 feet. He'd need a red flag tied to the back to be legal. I believe federal guideline is 4 foot overhang max and surely he would know and follow the transport regs.

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #6  
Was that a single axle trailer? Can't tell from the photos.

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #7  
This was this morning. The bush hog was hanging 5 ft. off of the trailer. In his defense, he did have a chain loosely draped through the brush guard on front. View attachment 280467

I like the shrink-wrapped car behind him. That's a nice look and I'll bet it's easy see out too.

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #8  
Sadly, I see stuff like this every week.

Tractors, zero turn mowers, furniture stacked up on a truck or trailer.

No rope, straps or chain, 'cause 'it'll ride'.

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #9  
Maybe they've been taking tips from a well known supplier's ratchet strap ad...

Stupid Straps.jpg

/ TRANSPORTING TRACTOR SAFELY #10  
View attachment 280433View attachment 280432:D
Pardon the lousy pictures, but it was from a phone. This looked to be a MasseyFerguson compact tractor. All I could really see, was that it had a 232 loader on it. So I really have no idea what brand tractor it was. I don't know if you can see it, but there was one chain across the middle of the tractor and was not even tight. I guess the tractor had a really good parking brake on it.
Using a phone while driving is not that safe either:eek:

Just curious, was this taken on I-24 or I-65 by chance?
(And NO that's NOT my tractor!)