question about wheel spacers to increase width of tractor

/ question about wheel spacers to increase width of tractor
Good point. My comment would be more applicable to a rollover caused by a fast small-radius turn--extremely unlikely if not impossible with a tractor.

/ question about wheel spacers to increase width of tractor #62  
I went out this afternoon and cut up a maple tree that the wind had topped a while back. The widowmaker had finally come down so I could cut the stub down safely. The woods there is about a 25 percent slope with humps and bumps enough to make it interesting. I could and did drive straight up the slope to the fallen top and loaded the bucket with blocks I had sawed out. The tree took six buckets full to get it to the splitter. The only time I was concerned was one time when I was backing around to drive out down hill. I climbed up on an old fallen and well rotted log with the up hill rear tire. That extra foot on an already 25% slope didn't feel right!! I made that a four pass turn to stay off that log. With out the wide setup I have I wouldn't have got anywhere near that tree.

/ question about wheel spacers to increase width of tractor #63  
Thanks for the update OP. I have 3" rear spacers on my tractor now but a set of 5" are on the way. I'm a little hesitant on the 5", but think they will be fine. If not, guess I'll find out the expensive way.

/ question about wheel spacers to increase width of tractor
I would be interested in an update based on your experience about how the 5" spacers feel compared to the 3" spacers. And of course, if you have an axle problem or other problem (certainly hope not), we would like to hear about that as well.

Thanks for the update OP. I have 3" rear spacers on my tractor now but a set of 5" are on the way. I'm a little hesitant on the 5", but think they will be fine. If not, guess I'll find out the expensive way.