Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Man Eaten By His Hogs

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    One of the Hannibal Lector , Silence of the Lambs , movies had a scene where Hannibal Lector arranged for his tormentor to be eaten by hogs that the man had intended to have the hogs eat Anthony Hopkins, playing Hannibal Lector...it was a gruesome scene....sickening...

But you continued to watch it???
    I tend to say clear of "sickening" movies. What's the point?
    Anthony Hopkins is far too good an actor to be allowed to be eaten by hogs.

The hogs that did this need to be shot and burned or buried ..not consumed...
    At 700lbs per that's a lot of meat on the hoof going to waste. Not their fault. Not like, "The Revenge Of The Hogs", here. They found something edible and dug in. I mean they have 3 neurons.
    Nelson
    Central Maine

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Kubota b2920

I just hope something happened first and he was already departed when they had their meal. Can't blame them (they're hogs), but what a terrible thing to happen.

Silver Member

Protein's protein. A flock of chickens would do the same, it would just take them a little longer.
    Heard stories growing up about how pig farmers would just disappear. Sure kept us out of the hog lots.
    Simon Acres Shetlands

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

Lots of reports during the cival war of hogs/other animals feasting on bodies .... food is food to them... they don't care...
    48" CID QA forks, 6' EverythingAttachments Land Plane, 78" JRW rear blower, homemade 1 ton rear weight, homemade boom

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by JerryK View Post
    Lots of reports during the cival war of hogs/other animals feasting on bodies .... food is food to them... they don't care...
    Yeah but ya know what ? I care....There is no way I would eat any pork that came from those hogs after they ate a human being...waste or no waste...does not matter...it sickens me...It may be natural for animals to eat anything including people....but for me...it is not natural to eat anything that has eaten human flesh.....period.
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Yeah but ya know what ? I care....There is no way I would eat any pork that came from those hogs after they ate a human being...waste or no waste...does not matter...it sickens me...It may be natural for animals to eat anything including people....but for me...it is not natural to eat anything that has eaten human flesh.....period.
    Well yeah Bob I agree. If presented with a choice at the local grocery, I guess I would pass on, "human fed pork".

Just as an aside -those tales of sea survival and plane crashes where it was eat human or die. ehh...
    Boy, the old saying, "Hard to swallow", probably were the first words that came into their mouths.

Just pokin' fun.
    Nelson
    Central Maine

Georgia - Mt. Vernon by The Store just 5 miles east and right by the big oak tree then to the creek.

Quote Originally Posted by retiredmgn View Post
    Well yeah Bob I agree. If presented with a choice at the local grocery, I guess I would pass on, "human fed pork".

Just as an aside -those tales of sea survival and plane crashes where it was eat human or die. ehh...
    Boy, the old saying, "Hard to swallow", probably were the first words that came into their mouths.

Just pokin' fun.
    In that case...things might be different...you could maybe just eat a toe or finger...LOL
    Bob

WORRYING does not take away tomorrow's TROUBLES, it takes away today's PEACE.

NH - TC-29 , FEL, Bush hog, Bush hog brand finishing mower, Post hole digger, 6' Back blade, sub-soiler, Pallet forks, 20KW PTO Generator , 21 hp Murray Mower
    JD -3020 with FEL and a 16 HP. K-Grow Lawn Tractor (bought from K Mart 1994) and runs great !
    Clark 130 EN Mig Welder

Quote Originally Posted by retiredmgn View Post

Just pokin' fun.
    Not "Tastes like chicken!"?

In that case...things might be different...you could maybe just eat a toe or finger...LOL
    Brings an interesting connotation to, "Finger Food".
    Laid out of course with a bit of parsley for color.
    Nelson
    Central Maine

Quote Originally Posted by Mace Canute View Post
    Not "Tastes like chicken!"?
    Well it's not so much the taste as getting past the gristle.

Nelson
    Central Maine

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast