Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tractor
    LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

Default Re: Man Eaten By His Hogs

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Why do I feel my ignorance was a more serene place to be?

X2. I'll never look at bacon quite the same again.

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    94 Craftsman GT6000

Quote Originally Posted by Renze View Post

Didnt some mobsters have a pig farm for the purpose of making opponents disappear ?

Seems like I did read that somewhere.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718

Quote Originally Posted by joemd11 View Post
    X2. I'll never look at bacon quite the same again.
    Jews and Muslims didnt eat pigs because of the diseases they collected by eating just about everything, being omnivores like human. in the dark ages, hogs were the cities garbage trucks, eating everything even remotely edible they threw out to the street, back in those days.
    Because todays farm hogs just eat cereals, and byproducts of cheese and beer production, there is no risk.

In the dark ages when the plague raged through Europe, there were Jewish rabbis that re introduced the jewish health standards: Washing hands before eating or after taking a dump, bringing human excrements, food rests and dead animals outside the city walls and bury them, like in Moses' law. (which is according to todays standards as well) This reduced the plague casualties in the Jewish part of the city to only 10% of the rate in the rest of the city, because rats had nothing to scrounge in the Jewish city part anymore, and there were no hotbeds of pathogenic germs in the city anymore. But instead of taking example to their hygienic standards, the rest of the city blamed the Jews of conspiracy and killed the bunch of them. Funny to see how the reason for these Biblical rules are explained by scientific explorations of germs and viruses 3000 years later
    Free scrap is a good investment !!!
    “The worst enemy of life, freedom and the common decencies is total anarchy; their second worst enemy is total efficiency” · Aldous Huxley
    1998 Volvo S70 TDI
    2007 Volvo 440 1.9 TD based dirt buggy, needs time !

Tractor
    John Deere 2520

Quote Originally Posted by brin View Post
    I know I could not eat them...but each to his own...
    No way I could either...
    "We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals"
    Immanuel Kant

Tractor
    2009 Kubota RTV 900, 2009 Kubota B26 TLB & 2010 model LS P7010

It all has to do with knowledge and perception. If you had no knowledge of the act of eating human flesh, then it would be just another piece of pork. How one perceives certain things controls how they react. As said protein is protein be if from beans or human remains but I am like other here, if I know that the animal is a digester of human flesh, I am not going to eat it. I wouldnt burn them and bury them, but I sure wouldnt keep them around my farm. Just send them to Jimmy Dean for him to make his sausage. Maybe I wouldnt buy any pork for a few weeks after selling them either.
    2010 LS P-7010C 20F/20R gear tractor & FEL, 2009 Kubota B 26 TLB, RTV 900 Kubota,17 foot Lund boat with 70HP motor, 2012-20 ft 12k GVW trailer, 2011- 52" Craftsman ZTR mower, 2013 Ferris Zero Turn, 3 weed whackers, pressure washer, leaf blowers, 7 foot bush hog, 8 foot landscape rake , 8 foot 3 PH disc, 2 row cultivator, 350 amp Miller AC/DC welding machine and all the tools needed to keep them all repaired and running.

Tractor
    JD 7720; Kubota M135GX, NH TS115A; JD 6230; Kubota L5740

One of the theories behind the Cruetzfeld-Jacob Disease outbreak in the UK starting in 1976 has been "Mad Cow Disease" caused by CJD from human remains present in bone meal protein supplement imported from Asia. Cattle are herbivores but they are fed protein supplements that are meat byproducts. If the right hit-man wants to get rid of a body what better way than to dump it into a processor where it will end up as cattle food supplement. They are still looking for Jimmy Hoffa's remains but what if they ended up being processed through a steer into a steak? With that thought I think I will become a vegan.
    JD7720; KubotaM135GX; NH TS115A; JD6230; KubotaL5740

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Eddie has been warned.
    TXDon

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Zetor 3011, Zetor 5718

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Fowler View Post
    It all has to do with knowledge and perception.
    Blessed are the ignorant

Quote Originally Posted by MHarryE View Post
    One of the theories behind the Cruetzfeld-Jacob Disease outbreak in the UK starting in 1976 has been "Mad Cow Disease" caused by CJD from human remains present in bone meal protein supplement imported from Asia.
    I thought it was brains in general. The causing protein only occurs in brain cells of mammals, so therefor the processing of animal heads is prohibited. After a Dioxine scandal a few years ago in Europe, rules for mixing non herbal stuff in pig and cow feed have become a lot stricter.

Fore people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia These people on Papua got a disease called Kuru (Creutzfeld Jakob) because they traditionally ate their deceased people, including brains...

I know of a couple that went to Africa to do development work. They only bought meat from the Islamic Halal butcher, because the average African butcher sold just about anything, including roasted mice, sick animals and roadkill. The average age they became in those countries was under 40.
    Free scrap is a good investment !!!
    “The worst enemy of life, freedom and the common decencies is total anarchy; their second worst enemy is total efficiency” · Aldous Huxley
    1998 Volvo S70 TDI
    2007 Volvo 440 1.9 TD based dirt buggy, needs time !

Tractor
    dk45se hst cab

well, turn about is fair play...... man has been eating hogs for a long time..... hehe

wait till deer start to learn to shoot a rifle.

LOL
    currently own
    2011 Kioti DK45SE HST CAB tractor/loader, Jimna 6" - 3 point wood chipper, 60" JD Brush Hog, JD 60" Rototiller, 3 point post hole digger with hydraulic assist, 3 point spring tooth rake, Fimco 55 gallon weed sprayer with 12 foot boom, 3 point hydraulic wood splitter (home built)
    Quick Attach 79" loader mount snowblower & rear powerpack
    Quick Attach 84" Snow Blade
    Quick Attach 42" pallet forks

Tractor
    Kubota L5030 1947 Farmall A John Deere Z910

Yep, we eat animals but in the end they will get us, we have accepted the slow killing (like heart disease) but not the quick deaths.
    TXDon

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast