Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC24DA

Default Re: Storm Watch 2012!

No anemometer here only what the media is saying. And I don't doubt them all things considered. A coworker near the coastline said 85mph was recorded at the local airport. I'm about 20 miles inland up on a hill.

But whatever the actual speed is...its brutal!!! A gust just about blew me off the porch!

Tractor
    John Deere 3320

Quote Originally Posted by TCBoomer View Post
    No anemometer here only what the media is saying. And I don't doubt them all things considered. A coworker near the coastline said 85mph was recorded at the local airport. I'm about 20 miles inland up on a hill.

But whatever the actual speed is...its brutal!!! A gust just about blew me off the porch!
    A 50 mph wind is brutal if you have ever tried to stand into it. At 90 mph things get dangerous, I'd say your on the verge of that if they're recording 85 on the coast.
    Rob

Reporting in from just North of Winchester VA. Winds between 45 and 50 mph and steady, gust are worse. Depending on which weather report you look at, we have gotten 3-4 inches of rain since noon today. Power has flickered but we are still up. Everyone be safe.

Tractor
    New Holland TC24DA

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-D View Post
    A 50 mph wind is brutal if you have ever tried to stand into it. At 90 mph things get dangerous, I'd say your on the verge of that if they're recording 85 on the coast.
    Believe me I know what 50 is and I dont get excited about it anymore. Not bragging either!! Been through 80+mph here during one of those freak storms yrs ago and it was destructive. One storm tore the shingles off the front of my house and another trashed the pool fence and tore siding off the house. Everything here is either screwed(house siding) or bolted in place now...

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Wind gust of about 42 here, 5 inches of snow...........pretty much blizzard conditions.

Be careful everyone.
    Last edited by Don87; 10-30-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: spelling
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410

Not sure what the max gusts are here in central MA but nothing crazy. Still without power and expect it back within 24 hrs. No big deal when it's not freezing cold out!

It's funny though, my wife and I and our newborn just got home from my parents up the street from dinner. My dad was complaining that he had to go out in the rain to fill the generator do he could watch Monday night football on direct tv! My wife and I are cozy in our dark home with candlelight, no need for a generator. I don't mind heating the baby formula with my camp stove tonight!

Good night everyone. Hope all of you in the worse part of the storm are doing well! Stay safe.
    Kubota L4610 and John Deere 410 - WR Long 64" Grapple (best attachment ever!) QA front forks, rear forks, Brown 472 HD Rotary Mower, Land Pride RBT4096 hydro blade, Woods 7200 Power Rake, homemade 3 pt log splitter, Land Pride rake/blade combo, Land Pride HRL 3578 box blade (Hydro scarifiers), Shaver SC50 3 pt. Stumpgrinder, FitRiteHydraulics TnT, 6" Vermeer PTO Chipper (Hydro feed), Disc Plow, Ratchet Rake, LP HD25 Hydraulic PHD, Woodmizer LT15 portable sawmill
    Rear Remotes Install

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Snow is over 7 inches here now. Wife got the Chevy Sonic stuck. I can't get it up the hill either.

State has not plowed US route 40, Township has not plowed our road.

I's parked in the driveway of an empty house a half mile from mine

True blizzard conditions here now. I have electric for now, but the sky was lighting up to my east from power lines coming down.
    Don

MF GC2400, FEL, 60in.MMM, 5ft. Cultivator, Single Bottom Plow, Bush Hog RTC48 tiller, MF 2360 front mount snowblower, 5ft backblade. BXpanded Piranha toothbar.

Tractor
    Massey Ferguson GC2400

Update:

Got the driveway cleared, Wife's car back in driveway.

Pics can be seen here: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/s...snowstorm.html

I need to be on the lookout for tree limbs snapping.
    Don

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    yanmar 336d w ldr,Cub,many attachments

lost power in pomfret,ct...again

Gold Member
    Tractor
    NH TN-70A, Cub Cadet 109, Kubota U-35 mini-ex,SCAG Wild Cat

Now that it's over, I'm feeling real lucky. The flooding and damage caused by this storm has effected vast communities. Houses and property lost to flooding, power outages, wind damage , people lives lost. We rode it out, and managed to keep power the whole time. Maybe a slight inconvenience by loosing tv and Internet. Again we were real lucky. My Prayers to the less fortunate.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast