Storm Watch 2012!

/ Storm Watch 2012! #1  

drivadesl

Gold Member
Tractor
New Holland TN-70A, Kubota U-35 Mini-Ex,SCAG Wild Cat, Cub Cadet 109
Thought it would be helpful to report from various locations on the storm about to hit. Its affects are being felt now. My company closed its doors today at noon.

I'm in Orange County NY. which borders with northern NJ. Storm is supposed to hit landfall sometime this evening somewhere in NJ. Right now its raining and winds are starting to gust to a 45mph (est). I've got my generator ready, since most likely will lose power at some point. Seems this storm is moving slowly and will have some lasting affects.

Stay safe out there!!

/ Storm Watch 2012! #2  
Hope for the best, be careful.

/ Storm Watch 2012! #3  
Stay Safe and I hope it doesnt do too much damage. The storm looks like a monster of a storm. We will be praying for all of you up there!!!! :shocked::eek::thumbdown:

/ Storm Watch 2012!
Thanks. So far lights here at home have flickered and I'm hearing generators running in the distance so power outages are occuring. Winds are really nasty so likely downed trees. Fortunately the rain isnt as bad as it could be, hopefully that holds off. Last year after Irene, there were motorboats running thru town rescuing stranded folks. Hopefully my generator pulls through for me, but that will only give me limited lights and the fridge. We'll see.....

/ Storm Watch 2012! #5  
Wind average; 10 to 14 mph, wind max 30, temp 52F, barometer 29.11, rain from 12:00 am: .014"

weather station: Vantage pro2

Western Catskills

Rob

/ Storm Watch 2012! #6  
Lost power in upton MA about an hour ago.

/ Storm Watch 2012! #7  
Max wind hit 40 mph here but is not a constantly driving wind, still around 10 to 14 mph.
Had a power dip but power is back on.
Rob

/ Storm Watch 2012! #8  
Hope you guys all pull thru OK up there. You are all in our thoughts and Prayers.

James K0UA

/ Storm Watch 2012! #9  
Light rain thankfully but 60-70 mph gusts here in SE CT. Its nasty bad out there!!!

Lights flickering but still on

Time to fasten the seat belts and hang on!!

/ Storm Watch 2012! #10  
Light rain thankfully but 60-70 mph gusts here in SE CT. Its nasty bad out there!!!

Lights flickering but still on

Time to fasten the seat belts and hang on!!

The only way to acurately tell wind speed is with an anemometer, are you using one?

Rob