Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tractor
    New Holland TC35D, Case TR320 CTL

Default Re: Warning Warning Warning

Quote Originally Posted by DT86 View Post
    I meant did you put diff oil in one?
    Yes I did. The stench of warmed gear oil kinda sticks around.
    John

My Work & Stuff Photo Thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/p...to-thread.html

Slow is smooth, smooth is fast.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 4520,

Quote Originally Posted by dmccarty View Post
    I went to another page and then came back to this.....

I can toast bread in an toaster oven and it does not catch on fire. Nor do English muffins and a variety of other products....

WHY do taco shells burst into flames? Are these things loaded with oil?

Later,
    Dan
    Take some corn meal a little a lime water and handful of lard mix well and make a ball into round flat torttita
    Then cook in boiling lard. remove when turning color and place on plate. But the food police rejected real food and demanded that cooking oil be used. Maybe PITA felt sorry for the hog.
    A chicken makes a donation the hog it is real commitment.
    ken

Tractor
    Kubota B7800

I always crisp up taco shells in the toaster oven. However, I warm up the toaster good and hot, shut it off by opening the door and then place the shells inside. They get perfectly warm and crisp every time with no chance of fire. I can't see bringing the big oven up to temp for 12 taco shells. Regards, Mike

Tractor
    Challenger 295

My knucklehead nephew lived at home the first 30 years of his life, finally moved into his own apartment. Called his mom in a panic "The microwave's on fire!" He wanted some ramen noodles and had just popped them in to nuke them in a bowl without any water. 2 minutes later-blowtorch.

Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

While I have never tried taco shells, I have used "Fritos" corn snacks as a fire starter. They burn very nicely with a nice blue flame.. I assume taco shells would make a good fire starter also.

James K0UA
    James KUA

Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN

Tractor
    '10 Kioti DK 40se/hst KL-401 FEL, loaded tires, KB-2485 bhoe, Tuffline TB160 boxblade, Woods QA forks, MIE Hydraulic bhoe thumb & ripper tooth, Igland 4001 winch, & GR-20 Log Grapple. Woods BBX72" Mower. Diamondplate aluminum canopy.

Quote Originally Posted by gotrocks View Post
    It might be a good idea to always read ALL of the "fine print".

Attachment 286781Attachment 286782
    Once the fire started the oven was unplugged and moved outside.
    The fire continued to burn until nothing was left but a small black residue of charcoal.
    <SNIP>
    I always wondered how charcoal was made, now I know!

If you'd only been playing the tacodor game instead of trying to burn up your toaster oven this problem wouldn't have occurred... SEE fine print in red in your picture.

TRUE STORY:

This reminds me of when we showed my mother how to use a microwave to heat up her coffee and such. Well, we went out one night, my wife and I, and came home to a stench of burnt something- it smelled REALLY bad. Turns out mom tried to cook a potato and set the wave to 30 MINUTES!
    WOW! All I can say is I can still smell the smell when ever I think about it! We kept the microwave, and kept using it for ever, and it took that long for the stench to go away. (It was going to be too expensive to replace it back then with small kids etc.) Grandma never went near it again after that BAKED potato! Go figure.... I guess her generation took "baked" literally.
    And she enjoyed HOT coffee too, almost like the McDonald's woman.
    Last edited by Coyote machine; 11-03-2012 at 11:48 AM. Reason: pass the taco sauce
    2010 DK-40se/hst, Kioti KL-401 FEL, (reversible Kioti cutting edge), 72" Ratchet Rake. Fit Rite Top-N-Tilt hydraulics & diverter valve. HLA Series 2000 7' snowplow, Aquiline MPC rear chains. Samuri Sickle bar.

Scag Wildcat: Kawasaki 26HP, with bagger. Dr. brush mower, & 42" lawn deck, Dr. self propelled, 6.5HP Trimmer mower. Pro-Mow 3 gang mower, no HP.

Bunch of STIHL chainsaws: 011x 2, MS192T, MS200T, MS180C, MS230, MS270 (Wood Boss), 038 Farmboss, '86 anniversary edition.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    PT 422

Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    While I have never tried taco shells, I have used "Fritos" corn snacks as a fire starter. They burn very nicely with a nice blue flame.. I assume taco shells would make a good fire starter also.

James K0UA
    I've used Fritos as well. Potato chips work also, but don't last as long.

Tractor
    New holland TC(33)

I did the exact same thing with tostata shells about 4 years ago. Its quite the fun story to tell and usually has friends in stitches as we recant it. especially the part about how that weekend the wife gave me and my 2 buddies one instruction... dont burn down the house....oh we tried alright!

i still heat one or 2 in the toaster oven but i use the toast option instead of the "oven" option as the toast option shuts down automatically just about the time the shell is getting good and hot.
    Steve - TC33D 4x4 FEL, dual rear remotes with toys

Banned
    Tractor
    deere,kubota,case,sears,new holland, Mf

any food product can become flammible. i heat those same tacos. your not supposed to let them sit in there so long as to where they get so fried and burnt that they catch fire genious.
    People like you is what causes rediculous lawsuits where today people nned to put "caution hot" on coffee cups. Be careful "Knife will cut skin". Sorry for the harsh words but common sense is lacking anymore and the country is suffering becuase of it. The reason the taco company had to put the disclaimer on the box is becuase some clown let them sit in there till they caught fire and burned down there house and they got a lawsuit over it. Common sense people ,use it

Tractor
    None, yet

Garlic bread when put on the top rack of an oven can catch fire also.
    Now the funny part is I did that at my folks house.
    Later that same day I was doing some laundry and flooded the laundry room, which ran into the basement and onto the pool table. Luckily the cover was waterproof.
    I was washing the cars or something and put the 5 gallon bucket in the slop sink, which the washer drained into. The bucket blocked the drain.
    Boy does a washer use a lot of water.
    So I tried to burn there hose down and flood in in the same day.
    We still get a laugh out of that one.
    Every time my daughter does something dumb I try to remember some of my stunts and not get too mad.
    My folks put up with a lot (and still do it seems).

Matt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast