Wearing rings

/ Wearing rings #31  
Although we used dimestore rings when we got married (and presumably still have them somewhere), neither my wife nor I wear a wedding band.
Now, if you REALLY wanted to show confidence in your marriage, you could get a tatooed ring...
BOB

/ Wearing rings #32  
LOL I went to a tatoo parlor to do just that when I was in Oregon a few yrs ago but when I explained I would not be able to come in for touchups every couple months, as they wear off the fingers really quick, the artist said he wouldnt do it as it would look too wierd. This from a guy who had holes in his lower lip and ears I could put a finger thru:laughing:

/ Wearing rings #33  
WIfe made me buy one for the wedding. I chunked it right after the ceremony. Kept the wife though.

/ Wearing rings #34  
Interesting fact that for some reason is in my head....

Niel Armstrong jumped out of a farm truck, his finger got caught on a door, and was ripped off. The finger was reattached. I googled to see if my memory was correct and there are various versions to the story.... The finger was caught on a door or wheel.

What I remember being reported was that he jump off the truck and the ring got caught on a barn door. Kinda odd, but it looks like he did this on 11/10/1978, just a bit over 34 years ago.

Funny what you remember... :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Later,
Dan

/ Wearing rings #35  
Been married to the same woman for over 44 years and haven't worn a ring since I was 18; don't like them, got them caught on stuff too often.

/ Wearing rings #38  
I've been married 15 years, never wore the ring other than about 2 days a year. Farmer that I know lost his finger at the 1st knuckle when he jumped down off a wagon and the ring caught. My dad has always worn his even though it caught a couple of times on earth moving machinery he was getting off from. One time it bent the ring a little he was wearing.

I work with electricity in my "real/day" job so any metal below my elbow isn't a good idea.

/ Wearing rings #39  
i've had a few close calls, and have mangled a couple wedding bands.

I try to take them off ifg I remember before going out in the shop.

i sometimes forget to put it on when I head out and the wife has a cow.

A couple times I've been cleaning carbs and got some cleaner under the ring and it burnt me and I had to go sans ring a few days till the skin was happier.

i take em off for electrical work.

have had ring to wrench arc burns too.. :) gold conducts real well!

/ Wearing rings #40  
Some of the equipment we used to work on had 2- 300 amp alternators and ten batteries. No rings,watches or dog tags and electrical tape on wrenches and screwdrivers for protection.