Wearing rings

/ Wearing rings #51  
i think my buddy a emt has a neat lil cutter in his kit that cuts rings.. makes a thin cut as well.. lil diamond blade.. etc..

/ Wearing rings #52  
luckily i'm one of those time aware kind of people.. I can get within minutes per day of estimating the time... and as you point out.. phones have clocks. i havn't worn a watch in 10ys at least... besides.. when i did wear them.. they got stuck to speaker magnets.. or got caked in grease.. or the band caught and wripped on a bolt.. or lense cracked on tractor sheet metal.. gouged.. etc..

I learned the hard way.

I was going down the ladder from a P3 military aircraft, and my ring caught on some bolt threads that were exposed, and ripped/skinned my finger from the base to the knuckle. The blood helped slide the ring off when I got to the bottom of the ladder. I threw the strip of meat/skin away.

No more rings after that, and no watches. I am not a time watcher. Besides, every cell phone has a clock on it.

/ Wearing rings #54  
rd_macgregor said:
Although we used dimestore rings when we got married (and presumably still have them somewhere), neither my wife nor I wear a wedding band.
Now, if you REALLY wanted to show confidence in your marriage, you could get a tatooed ring...
BOB

O you mean like mine? You can see on the bottom where it wore off except for one little dot

Attachments

• image-3670495854.jpg
    image-3670495854.jpg
    445 KB · Views: 134
  • image-647183620.jpg
    image-647183620.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 122
   / Wearing rings #55  
As an office worker, I always have my ring on. The only time I take it off is for softball games and such. Mine is tungsten and black ceramic... it can't be cut off. My wife and I are both keenly aware if anything ever happens that the rings have to come off immediately so that the finger can stay..

/ Wearing rings #56  
O you mean like mine? You can see on the bottom where it wore off except for one little dot

As much as I don't care for tat's, I think that is a better idea than wearing a ring. Especially in your profession. I have always worked around too many dangerous things through the years. Even though now I work in an office.. I just wont wear one.

/ Wearing rings #57  
   / Wearing rings #58  
When I married, my wife understood perfectly why I couldn't wear a ring on the job or working around home......she bought me a fancy new belt buckle and said "it doesn't come off unless I'm in the room - got it?" ...yes ma-am.

/ Wearing rings #59  
rback33 said:
As an office worker, I always have my ring on. The only time I take it off is for softball games and such. Mine is tungsten and black ceramic... it can't be cut off. My wife and I are both keenly aware if anything ever happens that the rings have to come off immediately so that the finger can stay..

I wonder if it would protect from minor crushing because of the strength of the tungsten

/ Wearing rings #60  
probably.. but when it did crush.. I'd be real worried. my gold one deformed under a rush and I couldn't get it off fast enough..:) and it was easy to cut off with a pair of wire cutters!