Wearing rings

/ Wearing rings #71  
Soundguy said:
i've never checked the hardness scale for silver or the coper alloy in a quarter.. but I think the silver is actually pretty easy to work..

Im sure the silver is easy to work I just didn't want to waste a silver quarter on practice and the bi-metallic quarter ended up making a neat looking 2 colored band around the rim

/ Wearing rings #72  
i'm surprised the finish didn' wear off form working it :)

/ Wearing rings #73  
Wear a simple gold band as wife also wants me identified. Don't understand why.

/ Wearing rings #74  
catch and release program.. it probably has an rfid chip in it.. ;)

/ Wearing rings #75  
from personal experience in the shop our electrician was wearing a titanium/... type ring , it did not deform when his hand was smashed, broke the ring finger in two different places and he had to have the ring removed at the airport maintenance department because they were the only ones locally capable of cutting through the ring , all in all the ring survived better than the hand, same electrician also has a legible scar on wrist from arcing his watch on a 24v truck battery , the inscription on the back of the watch is still there roughly five years later it has not wore off yet

/ Wearing rings #76  
I lost mine over 20 years ago while putting in a mobile home. Never replaced it, as it was always getting caught on things.

/ Wearing rings #77  
Twice I caught my wedding ring on the threads of a bolt. Once on an overhead door and once on a boat lift. Each time did extensive damage to my flesh.....and I narrowly escaped loosing a finger in both instances. Extensive flesh damage to my finger and landing flat on my back in both instances - after slipping off the fastener(s)

Pretty gruesome events. Both events involved a trip to emergency rooms with stitches and cutting the ring out from under my flesh.

But I've repaired that same ring (twice) and still wear it - 42 years and counting.

/ Wearing rings #78  
Twice I caught my wedding ring on the threads of a bolt. Once on an overhead door and once on a boat lift. Each time did extensive damage to my flesh.....and I narrowly escaped loosing a finger in both instances. Extensive flesh damage to my finger and landing flat on my back in both instances - after slipping off the fastener(s)

Pretty gruesome events. Both events involved a trip to emergency rooms with stitches and cutting the ring out from under my flesh.

But I've repaired that same ring (twice) and still wear it - 42 years and counting.
Third time's the charm they say, so you might get lucky and have your finger degloved next time it happens. Don't give up yet!

/ Wearing rings
I would say my finger is healed although it doesn't feel right sort of numb toward the end ,tender around the injury and still a bit swollen. I will get my ring repaired but I am not sure I will ever wear it again even for dressing up as it is a very unpredictable potential for trouble. I am pleased I started this thread it has shown the very high risk of wearing rings in many different environments. Thanks to everyone for all the positive feed back .To any one who thinks it can't happen to them just start counting your days now.