Wearing rings

/ Wearing rings #81  
LOL I went to a tatoo parlor to do just that when I was in Oregon a few yrs ago but when I explained I would not be able to come in for touchups every couple months, as they wear off the fingers really quick, the artist said he wouldnt do it as it would look too wierd. This from a guy who had holes in his lower lip and ears I could put a finger thru:laughing:

I got a tattoo wedding band instead of a ring. Had mine for quite a few yrs and never had it touched up. Still looks just like it did when I got it. I went across the top and down both sides of my finger. My tattoo guy said it would do fine like that but the bottom side of the finger would never stay. So far he has been right.

/ Wearing rings #82  
My parent wore thier rings but only for going out and on special occasions. Too many folk around missing fingers, hands, arms and lives due to a piece of jewelry.
At my place of work a metal watch, ring or any jewelry will get you hustled into the mangers office for a supreme screaming at on the first offense. Worse on the 2nd.Never heard tell of anybody doing it the third. We do take a look around to ensure that somebody didn't absently mindlessly miss something.

/ Wearing rings #83  
I have not worn a ring before or after(incl wedding ring) i married 41 years ago,..i never had a use for things like jewelry.

/ Wearing rings #84  
I have not worn a ring before or after(incl wedding ring) i married 41 years ago,..i never had a use for things like jewelry.

Ditto. Except I am not to 41 years quite yet.

/ Wearing rings #85  
I always wore a religious medal and chain even as a child. My father was not religious and always warned I would hang myself with that thing some day! Well, one day I was hanging on a swing set from the bar and my chain got caught on a bolt. When I got tired I had to let go and yup, you guessed it. The chain did not break, I scrambled back up enough to get a hold and with one hand did get it loose. Guess I didnt learn my lesson, I now wear a gold one. (-:
I got my hand in between a balling ball and the return and my finger got whacked. My ring got crushed in a little, enough to make my finger bleed. Not sure if the ring saved my finger or caused it to be worse.
One more: back in 70's another officer and I had to fight off about six people and we were swinging sticks fast and furious. Well, His hand got in the way of my plastic stick and he got his finger broke. I got a nice ring design in my stick. Question is: how much worse would his injury have been without the ring?

/ Wearing rings #86  
Not everyone is a fast learner. :D

/ Wearing rings #88  
Guess not! I had to arrest the same guy three times. LOL

I think most of us expect we can violate man/nature's laws at some level and get away with it. We know the risks but like to gamble with them. :)

/ Wearing rings #89  
I think the best proof of what you say is that we constantly tell kids in school and everyone else to wear their seatbelts!!!!!!!!!! Yet, every week you can read about someone who died in a roll over because they were thrown out of the vehicle. Pickup trucks seem to be the worst. They just won't learn.
If they don't want to listen to authority or those who know, at least they could read it for themselves and learn what happens. None of the folks killed thought they would be involved in a roll over but they were. The first fatal accident I ever handled was exactly that: a rolled pickup truck on RT 95 MD before it was even openned. They rolled down an embankment overpass from a local road. Driver was thrown out and his truck came to rest upon him. One vehicle accident late at night.
Thousands have died since, the same way and many were sitting in the cargo area when it rolled.

/ Wearing rings #90  
I think the best proof of what you say is that we constantly tell kids in school and everyone else to wear their seatbelts!!!!!!!!!! Yet, every week you can read about someone who died in a roll over because they were thrown out of the vehicle. Pickup trucks seem to be the worst. They just won't learn.
If they don't want to listen to authority or those who know, at least they could read it for themselves and learn what happens. None of the folks killed thought they would be involved in a roll over but they were. The first fatal accident I ever handled was exactly that: a rolled pickup truck on RT 95 MD before it was even openned. They rolled down an embankment overpass from a local road. Driver was thrown out and his truck came to rest upon him. One vehicle accident late at night.
Thousands have died since, the same way and many were sitting in the cargo area when it rolled.

The only reason I wear my seatbelt (which I wear whether in the big truck or my vehicle) is I don't need the fine or the points involved. Not to mention the hit on the insurance for the ticket.