Another Amish boy dies in farm accident

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #21  
That's not being fair
Amish don't seem to worry much about safety. Hardly miss one kid gone out of a dozen. They figure an " accident" was God's will anyways.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #22  
I have friends who have lost children, and the pain is the severest a parent can bear. To say that a member of a group is not affected the way we are is extremely offensive.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #24  
I suppose the Amish could say a that we don't care about our children because we let them run up the road in cars running at high speeds. BUT the Amish that I know would more than likely cry with you and pray for you than blame you because we do something different than they do. The comment was the same as any other, that says "we" are better "they" are bad.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #25  
I'm actually friends with a few Amish families scattered across a couple counties. Was just over visiting one family last week. The boys were in the wood shop working and the real little girls (2-3 years old) were playing around in the fathers archery shop. The rest of the kids were a couple miles down the road at school. We had a great time joking around with them and a local Sheriff. I see how he plays with his kids and treats them all regardless of male/female, young or old. Amish are the same as us, they just live a simpler life style. They play with their children just like any parent or grandparent would and while I am fortunate that none of my friends have lost a child personally I do know that if anyone young or old gets sick you can count on the entire community there to come together to help and support the people affected.

I found buicks post to be insensitive as well. Amish make mistakes and have accidents just like any other person or group. To assume they devalue human life because they have multiple children is stupid. These families will do anything and everything they can to get their children started on their own.

Well said, we also have several Amish friends and they would do anything for there children , the same as us. I guessing from buicks post he doesn't care about his children since he thinks Amish won't miss one child. I've been in there homes days after burying a brothers child or there neighbors child . They were hurting the same as my wife and I when we lost ours. There's not a day in the past 35 and 1/2 yrs. I don't wonder what our little car would look like or be doing. I'm sure the Amish feel the same way.
Prayers go to the family.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #26  
Amish don't seem to worry much about safety. Hardly miss one kid gone out of a dozen. They figure an " accident" was God's will anyways.

when i was younger we didn't have seat belt laws. no children had bicycle helmets. we rode down the road in the back of open pickups. it has only been through accidents that we have become enlightened as to the flaws of our thoughts. a lot of the old farm machinery my family had contained open gears, belts and pulleys. some because it never had a guard, some because it was removed and never replaced. it has only been with the passing of time that safety has evolved.

their lifestyle is in a way, frozen in time. we have had the media to enlighten us about the gruesome results of some of our choices, and occasionally we learn from them. most often, it is learned via cash settlement in a lawsuit, but that's a whole different can of worms. you can't legislate against accidents, though we certainly try to. i'm sure they care just as much about their families as anyone else does. i'm sure that they make changes after these accidents happen, just as we do, but without the 20/20 hindsight that the forum safety police have, it's not always possible to prevent everything.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #27  
Don't all bent and twisted at me. If you pompous twits had half a wit you would have figured out how appalled I am with the locals. You might also try understanding sarcasm as a method to underscore a point.

I've watched and cringed at the lack of regard for safety. Open spinning shafts and belts in shops. Using 1/2 wild and 1/4 broken retired race horses pulling buggies full of kids. Uncovered wells . Ladders in barns with loose and missing rungs. Shop work is often done with bare feet . Eye and ear protection is unheard of. Working at heights without a travel restraint or fall arrest system. No gas tests before entering a well. Getting totally plastered and falling asleep letting the horse walk home. Too often the horse walks up the center of a hill. Doctoring kids with veterinary medicine instead of seeing a physician.

So just take your pious and snotty better than thou attitudes and run back to your politically correct liberal support group.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #28  
Don't all bent and twisted at me. If you pompous twits had half a wit you would have figured out how appalled I am with the locals. You might also try understanding sarcasm as a method to underscore a point.

So just take your pious and snotty better than thou attitudes and run back to your politically correct liberal support group.

You need a few lessons in how and when to be sarcastic. A pathetic attempt a sarcasm regarding the death of a child just shows who the real twit is here. Ignoramus.

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #29  

I've watched and cringed at the lack of regard for safety. Open spinning shafts and belts in shops. Using 1/2 wild and 1/4 broken retired race horses pulling buggies full of kids. Uncovered wells . Ladders in barns with loose and missing rungs. Shop work is often done with bare feet . Eye and ear protection is unheard of. Working at heights without a travel restraint or fall arrest system. No gas tests before entering a well. Getting totally plastered and falling asleep letting the horse walk home. Too often the horse walks up the center of a hill. Doctoring kids with veterinary medicine instead of seeing a physician.

I really don't think you can go lower than this, Bravo you win the award...

/ Another Amish boy dies in farm accident #30  
So it's ok to jump all over me because I'm upset about the lack of safety concerns my neighbours have for thier children?