Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #11  
I got my tiltmeters before they came out with the dual axis model. I had two separate ones mounted on my steel canopy. And I really liked them.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #12  
Yeah, I have the tilt/inc and the tilt is pretty worthless, Unless you are stopped, looking up and wondering when you are going over.

If you need inc, just get a second tilt.

I do have the one rated at 45 degrees though, so maybe mine is different on the inc part.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #13  
X2

I fail to see the point in them anyways other than for my curiosity.

Yep, just like your fuel gauge; doesn't do a thing other than satisfy your curiosity, but some of us get curious about how much fuel is left and how steep that slope is, and such things as that.:laughing:

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #14  
Buy a protractor and 6inches of fish line and a sinker.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #15  
   / Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #16  
Just offering a low cost solution. :D If you only need to know the grade of one hill, there ya go. I can round that crap up in about 5 minutes of digging in the junk drawer.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #17  
Well yes,.. I'm often curious too and so I have the combo in my 3520 JD Cab and I use it often on slopes and grades. Even grades and slopes I've been on before,.. BUT,... if you are familiar with the "pucker-factor",... then its nice to glance at the inclinometer and be assured that you have actually been this far over a few times before and as long as you go slow and careful,... you are not going over and bust all that expensive glass,.. ha, ha! Well worth it to me!! HAPPY NEW YEAR guys and gals !!
CHEERS !
. . tug

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #18  
I also have two gauges from R&B. They are good when doing dirt work such as leveling and grades for ditches.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #19  
I also have two gauges from R&B. They are good when doing dirt work such as leveling and grades for ditches.

I never once thought of that. I may install mine now.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #20  
I have a brand new double axis from R&B, never mounted, that's holding down some shelf space. I was about to suggest selling it to you for half list price, but EE_Bota gave me one possible use, i.e. dirt work. So far I haven't found a reason to use it other than possibly curiousity reasons.

Jim