Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #21  
Hey Guys; we all come with built in tilt meters.
You are sitting on it.
It is called a PUCKER METER.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #22  
I have a brand new double axis from R&B, never mounted, that's holding down some shelf space. I was about to suggest selling it to you for half list price, but EE_Bota gave me one possible use, i.e. dirt work. So far I haven't found a reason to use it other than possibly curiousity reasons.

Jim

That's JerryG that gets the credit for the idea

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #23  
For grading, something like this would be more useful than those that are near 1/3 of a circle. Each mark is one inch over 8 feet width. And you don't need reading glasses to see it. :)

level-master-rv-level.jpg

RV Level - Giant Size for Easy Reading - PPL Motor Homes

Bruce

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #24  
i too have had the pucker factor feeling before. i use my JD in ditches and am real curious what kind of readings some of you have come up with for the 'safe' zone.

mike

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #25  
i knwo my pucker-factor-odometer isnt worth a chit! slopes that i used to think were going to kill me in an instant turn out to be perfectly safe, no ware close to tipping. other times on a smaller rideing lawmower thinking im on no worse a slope than i was on when on my CUT and end up haveing to shift my weight so far into the hill that im practically hanging off the thing to keep it from tipping over.

tiltmeter is a good think, just need to understand that not every situation of "in the green" is safe just because its in the green.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #26  
tiltmeter is a good think, just need to understand that not every situation of "in the green" is safe just because its in the green.

A tiltmeter is meant to provide additional information to the ultimate safety tool that happens to be about 3-pounds of gray gelatinous material that resides between the ears. Use a tiltmeter to help you make safe operating decisions with your equipment; but don't blindly and obediently follow it like an Obamite Obamaton. "Common sense" are the two key words regarding tiltmeter use.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #27  
i never had pucker factors when off camber before, whether in a truck, jeep or my tractor. i swore once i bought my atv in 2008 it all changed! atvs can be **** dangerous and change your thinking in everything you drive.

mike

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #28  
A tiltmeter is meant to provide additional information to the ultimate safety tool that happens to be about 3-pounds of gray gelatinous material that resides between the ears. Use a tiltmeter to help you make safe operating decisions with your equipment; but don't blindly and obediently follow it like an Obamite Obamaton. "Common sense" are the two key words regarding tiltmeter use.

this is ultimately why we dont see them installed on tractors from the factory.

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #29  
Yea, Im going to have to agree that the tilt meter is between your ears. Just too many factors like how much weight is in your bucket and how high you have it raised...... Do you have proper balast......are your tires loaded and set wide....etc..etc....

/ Question about tiltmeters or inclinometers #30  
Yea, Im going to have to agree that the tilt meter is between your ears. Just too many factors like how much weight is in your bucket and how high you have it raised...... Do you have proper balast......are your tires loaded and set wide....etc..etc....

RIGHT ON!
Best and safest practice is keep the loads low, travel slow when loaded and ALWAYS the hand on the 'DOWN' lever.
Oh, and stay in 4WD down hill when bucket is loaded as brakes are fairly useless when full up front. (mine has loaded tyres and rear wt and I still run out of brakes downhill loaded)