Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Tractor
    jd 1070

Default Train Hits Tractor

Dozens of people could have been killed. The only way to stop this madness is to ban or heavily tax diesel fuel so the mentally ill won't be able to get their hands on a tractor and threaten the lives of innocents. Only one or two cylinder tractors should be needed and allowed. No Constitutional ammendment is gonna give them killers a free pass. The guverment has gotto do somethin real quick.. The copy-cats are already forming internet forums on how to best do this with tractors never directly intended for farming. OMG. God help us.

Amtrak train from Pontiac and Detroit to Chicago hits tractor in Michigan
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...

Silver Member
    Tractor
    B434 ,V 700 and 1086

Default Re: Train Hits Tractor

"Oh crap no" ban trains "Farmers must feed the world"

Tractor
    5530 Mahindra 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by zzvyb6 View Post
    Dozens of people could have been killed. The only way to stop this madness is to ban or heavily tax diesel fuel so the mentally ill won't be able to get their hands on a tractor and threaten the lives of innocents. Only one or two cylinder tractors should be needed and allowed. No Constitutional ammendment is gonna give them killers a free pass. The guverment has gotto do somethin real quick.. The copy-cats are already forming internet forums on how to best do this with tractors never directly intended for farming. OMG. God help us.

Youz one funny sb
    Necessity breeds ingenuity.
    And when your not sure weld it twice

Tractor
    New Holland T5070

+1

Too funny, but amazingly poignant.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -
    Benjamin Franklin

The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.
    -Winston Churchill

Tractor
    A couple

No doubt the Amtrak train was late leaving the station; which begs the question...would the collision have occurred if the train was on time for a change?
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Elite Member
    Tractor
    Kubota BX2360

There should be a security guard at every crossing that doesn't have a gate or lights. That would be 1 guard for each 8 hours, plus a relief guard. Four guards for every crossing. We can pay for it by a tax on tractors owned by the rich.

It would end unemployment, too.

Bruce

Tractor
    Kubota L4400-1 HST,FEL, 3x3 remotes, TNT. BX1500 54 mmm

There should be "TRACTOR FREE ZONES" within 150 feet of all railroad tracks.
    Randall

1Timothy Chapter 2:
    3 For this is good and acceptable in the sight of God our Saviour;
    4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
    5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.

Tractor
    jd 1070

Some of them even have bar tires and racks for extra magazines. How can they be allowed to drink and operate them machines? I even found out that some are fully automatic. Congress needs to stop this from happening. Next think we'll hear about is people cutting weed with these unnecessary machines of death and selling it for medical excuse reasons. I though a bushmaster only preyed on older women. Why even my own IRA had a rollover.

When they outlaw tractors, only outlaws will have tractors. They'll have to pry my 1070 out of my cold dead hands. (I need a block heater...)
    There is no "I" in team, but there is a "Me" if you want to jumble it up a bit...

Tractor
    LS R3039, Power King 1614, Simplicity Soveriegn 75th Aniv model.

Well, at least no one was killed or injured. I had the opportunity to ride Amtrak from Newark NJ to Pittsburgh a few years ago. The ride from Newark to Washington DC was actually pretty nice. However, the train from DC to Pitt was terrible. I don't think that thing ever went faster than about 25-30 mph. I kept thinking that once we got out into the countryside the train would go faster. Never happened. I could have jumped off and taken a smoke break and then jumped back on the last car. Left Newark at about 8 a.m. and arrived in Pitt at midnight. With all the inconveniences of air travel these days, it sure would be nice to have an alternative. Unfortunately, Amtrak is not it.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    JD 4310 eHydro,

OMG...LOL>>>you could get elected on that platform......

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast