ROPS for old tractors?

/ ROPS for old tractors? #1  

s1120

Veteran Member
Tractor
87 Ingersoll 444, 84 Ingersoll224/'44 GreavlyL/60'sGreavlyL/49 Ford 8N
Anyone know if there are any aftermarket ROPS for the older tractors? I have an old 8N, and some of my land has some dips, and hills, and just woundering if anyone has ever seen, or had it on an old tractor. Ya, I know, if I want to be realy safe, I should get a newer tractor, but for now, that is out of the questen. Any one have any ideas?

/ ROPS for old tractors? #2  
Don't forget - ROPS needs to include a seatbelt....
Mark

/ ROPS for old tractors? #3  
Yes, nh specifically has contracted with an outfit that makes an approved retrofit rops for the 9n, 2n, 8n, NAA, etc.

If you hit the NH website or call your dealer, you can get info... I think the price was somewhere around 4-600 bucks.

In some states, the ag dept. may help with the cost of the rops... check into it.

Soundguy

/ ROPS for old tractors?
Any pictures of this setup? I went to the NH web site, but could not find anything.

/ ROPS for old tractors? #5  
Every mfg. now has retrofit rops for any tractor. I don't know if you'll get too many pictures. Go to the successful farming website and they ran an article about this very subject probably 6 months or so ago. They had links and phone #'s for all the aftermarket rops dealers.

/ ROPS for old tractors? #6  
Here is <font color="blue"> a link </font> to the availability of ROPS for older tractors. Select Ford in the first search option. Click. Then search for New Holland in the second search. That will show the 8N ROPS and price.