Please slow down .

/ Please slow down . #41  
lostcause, agreed 100 %! It's a waste of time trying to advise some people to stop and wait; they will risk their lives and whomever else is riding with them regardless of what logical argument you make to convince them to just wait a few minutes.

However, I don't think it ever hurts to remind everyone to be attentive when crossing train tracks and sometimes that reminder sticks a little better with evidence of what happened to others who didn't exercise due diligence!

Well said!! I thought about adding proof to your statement, but it is late and I don't feel like digging thru a bunch of pictures that were taken 5 years ago...but where would we be without pictures, so maybe one...

David from jax

/ Please slow down . #42  
When I was a kid we used to pogo stick on top of moving freight trains. It was amazing how far you could jump when the train was really moving. Kids these days have to wear helmets to cross the road. They need to pogo a freight train. Builds testicular fortitude.

/ Please slow down . #43  
When I was a kid we used to pogo stick on top of moving freight trains. It was amazing how far you could jump when the train was really moving. Kids these days have to wear helmets to cross the road. They need to pogo a freight train. Builds testicular fortitude.

Ahhhh, nah... don't think so.
David from jax

/ Please slow down . #44  
There was an accident with a car and train in Raleigh this week. Surprise, surprise, the train won and the lady driving the car died. It was her 42nd birthday. She tried to drive around the RR gates that were down and got hit. Ironically, the train was Amtrac so she would only have had to wait a few minutes. Dumb a...

Later,
Dan

/ Please slow down . #45  
There was an accident with a car and train in Raleigh this week. Surprise, surprise, the train won and the lady driving the car died. It was her 42nd birthday. She tried to drive around the RR gates that were down and got hit. Ironically, the train was Amtrac so she would only have had to wait a few minutes. Dumb a...

Later,
Dan
Oh man! What a tragedy. I feel for her family.

/ Please slow down . #46  
I was at a forage conference Tuesday. During the second speaker a person came and said that there were 2 Dodge pickups parked too close too the tracks and 1 actually parked across the tracks and if they didn't move them within the next 5 minutes a locomotive was going to move them for them. We had 6 inches of snow the night before so the tracks were mostly covered but I had seen the tracks when looking for a parking spot and found a space well away. Now since there appeared there were only 3 Dodge drivers who were at the conference and all had parked on or near the trace, is it the IQ of the owner, or belief of the durability that it will stop a train, or are they so smooth riding you can drive across tracks without noticing?

/ Please slow down . #47  
Best to my knowledge there is only on thing that will stop a train...
I will try to post a picture of it later.
David from jax

They used to sell train air brakes....

Last edited: