Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #31  
That's what I was doing. I had mowed a barrier around the CRP but the fire started creeping across that barrier. I ran along the fire, throwing trash back into the burn area. Not sure how, but eventually I got embers up on top of the trash covered deck. Once it started burning there was no putting it out. I learned my lesson.
Well you should never go into a fire fight wearing a grass suit of armor OR a grass covered machine. Most of us have an FEL and for putting out a fire this would be the best tool next to a water truck. It will cool the fire, smother the air from it and pretty much remove the fuel all in one fast pass. And other than perhaps some paint, there isn't anything on the bottom of the bucket that will burn.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #33  
Photo looks faked to me. I wouldn't try it with my lawnmower, way too much flamable stuff on it.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor
I don't think that was the OP. I'm pretty sure it was photo he found somewhere on the net.

That was NOT me... :laughing:

Found it on Facebook.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #36  
Well you should never go into a fire fight wearing a grass suit of armor OR a grass covered machine. Most of us have an FEL and for putting out a fire this would be the best tool next to a water truck. It will cool the fire, smother the air from it and pretty much remove the fuel all in one fast pass. And other than perhaps some paint, there isn't anything on the bottom of the bucket that will burn.

The only thing I can imagine worse than burning up my $2000 lawn mower would be to burn up my $43000 tractor. :eek:

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #37  
The only thing I can imagine worse than burning up my $2000 lawn mower would be to burn up my $43000 tractor. :eek:

You might be able to push the lawn mower out of the flames after it dies from sucking up the oxygen-less air... but I bet you cant push that big orange tractor worth a darn.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #38  
You might be able to push the lawn mower out of the flames after it dies from sucking up the oxygen-less air... but I bet you cant push that big orange tractor worth a darn.

Gives me shivers just thinking about it.....

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #39  
What happened to the wet burlap feed bag that I was given to use as kid? Lack of oxygen was also an issue for me back then.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #40  
What happened to the wet burlap feed bag that I was given to use as kid? Lack of oxygen was also an issue for me back then.

I remember one day in High school, the teacher came in and asked all able bodied males above 9the grade to turn out and be hauled to a fire scene. I was given a wet burlap bag, and we fought a grass/brush fire for about an hour. We all thought it was fun, can you imagine what would happen in today's world if the school asked the kids to go to put out a fire?.. times have changed..

James K0UA