Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #51  
My Grandmother used to talk about that, as a kid in South Dakota. She was born in 1901. The trains would spark fires next to the tracks, and that would threaten the crops. That was about all they could do back then.

I remember one day in High school, the teacher came in and asked all able bodied males above 9the grade to turn out and be hauled to a fire scene. I was given a wet burlap bag, and we fought a grass/brush fire for about an hour. We all thought it was fun, can you imagine what would happen in today's world if the school asked the kids to go to put out a fire?.. times have changed..

James K0UA

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #52  
had a firecall this weekend. JD riding mower. The gas tank was behind and under the seat, gas line running under the mower to the front engine. dry grass on mower deck started on fire, burned gas line in two. gas was pouring onto flames, flames were shooting out underbothe sides of floor boards. luckily flame melted the gas line shut, operator was not burned , but heart sure was pounding

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #53  
I'll bet Carl's JD would have done this , maybe his Kubota also . You are a good man Carl .

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #54  
I'll bet Carl's JD would have done this , maybe his Kubota also . You are a good man Carl .

Naw, not Carl's Kubota. Only his JD lawnmower could make it up the hill in the background.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #55  
There was a man here in Louisiana that was burned to death a few years back trying to put out a grass fire with his riding mower.