Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #1  

CompactTractorFan

Tractor
Kubota BX25
:confused2:

46818_10151255004327939_1270093015_n.jpg

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #2  
At least he is shooting the sparks and embers back towards what has already burnt.

That's hardly what I would call a brush fire though.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #4  
Is it me or is there something intuitively wrong about driving over a continuous flame like that?

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #5  
Maybe he is cutting it on zero down to dirt to try to create a fire line??

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #6  
I don't know if I'd do that. I kinda like my tractor more than that.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #7  
Is it me or is there something intuitively wrong about driving over a continuous flame like that?

Naahh.... He's just got the JD Napalm option...... he's actually driving backwards, trying to re-start the fire !

:fiery:

Rgds, D.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #8  
OMG.............now you guys done it. The next time my wife starts a grass fire when I tell her it's to dry to burn anything..............She gonna use my Massey as a fire extinguisher.:shocked:

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #9  
Before trying to do this it is best to call 911 and send out the fire department. I had the same problem and was glad when they showed up with a brush truck. No sense in burning down the neigborhood. Hopefully mine will be a once in a lifetime thing.

/ Extinguishing a brush fire with a lawn tractor #10  
Heard the tale that a person could put out a wheat field fire with his combine by combining the burning crop. Was visiting a custom harvester when he had a Bering go out and the heat started a stubble fire. We radioed him and instead of getting out his extinguisher he turned around, dropped his header to the ground, and combined it. Combines use a lot of air to separate grain from the chaff so what came out the back was an inferno. Burned nearly a half section of wheat that was still standing in the field. Knowing Melvin, he probably charged the customer for cutting it all and let the farmer fight it out with his insurance. It did burn off one belt on the combine.