How to start a chainsaw

/ How to start a chainsaw #11  
I know my stihl has a big flat part on the handle I think you're suppose to step down onto, at least thats what I use it for, dont see them on all chainsaws though.

/ How to start a chainsaw #12  
Gary my husky is same way if it's on compression strok it will jerk rope out of my hands sometimes, thats only way i have ever started a saw drop and pull.

I've got a couple of old Homelite Super EZ automatics made back in the late 60's or 70's that utilize a compression release that makes it much easier to pull...
I wish that more newer saws had those today...

/ How to start a chainsaw #13  
I'm sure there is warning label on the saw somewhere to prevent this.

/ How to start a chainsaw #15  
One way I've learned are to set it on the ground, step on the handle, one hand on the top grip, one hand on the pull rope, and pull. The other way is to put the handle between your legs (not the bar), grab the top grip, and pull the rope with the other hand. And, of course, drop and pull.

/ How to start a chainsaw #17  
TreeMonkey,

You may Not say "numb nuts idea" and not get in trouble. Perhaps you could say a "NO nuts idea." and get by with it... LOL

/ How to start a chainsaw #18  
One of my BILs Homelite saws has a EZ pull rope that seems to tension a spring or something then it at some point turns the engine. The problem with that is you can pull and it doesn't do anything and then suddenly it releases is pent up energy and Vrooom, the engine turns over and sometimes starts when you think it is not doing anything. OK when you get used to it, but sure dangerous if you don't know the characteristics of the starting system.

/ How to start a chainsaw #20  
This is a very dangerous way to start a chainsaw. You can easily punch yourself in the nose with a starter mishap. To thwart this danger, the chainsaw should be facing the other way with the powerhead just under the persons rear end. It is a much more natural move as well.

Ya know, I better not take this for granted and state that I was kidding with this. This is one of the dumbest things I've seen anyone do with a chainsaw