How to start a chainsaw

/ How to start a chainsaw #31  
They often refer to this type of pictures as " nominated for the Darwin award"

Well, this would wipe out the bad genes from the population first hand, not by survial of the fittest !

/ How to start a chainsaw #32  
When I try to start my Stihl on the ground it always flips up. I can do it on a stump or log but these old bones just don't fold the way they usta...

/ How to start a chainsaw #33  
Chainsaw or any two stroke motors will start better if you just pull the starter rope very slowly three or four times first. You are just trying to prime the motor first. If you try this you will be surprised how often the motor will start with out a hard pull on the rope. Please try this you will be surprised. By slow I mean just chugging the motor over.

/ How to start a chainsaw #34  
Looks to me like he gut the saw stuck trying to cut that little limb sticking out of his real tree camo and is now trying to restart it to finish the cut. The instructions with my new Husky 455 said you could engage the safety break start the saw and then reset the break? Wouldn't this wear out the break?

/ How to start a chainsaw #35  
Years ago a friend and I rented a cabin at a lake that rented boats. There was a young fellow there tending to the rental boats. We were sitting on a bench watching this fellow as he pulled a 5 HP Mercury motor off the back of one of the these boats. He carried the motor a few feet then for some reason he rested the prop on the wooden dock and while holding the motor with one arm he tried to start the motor. It started on the second pull. The prop dug into the wood dock and he was one busy puppy for about ten seconds until that motor ran out of gas. He came within inches of going into the lake. Motor and all.

/ How to start a chainsaw #36  
Looks to me like he gut the saw stuck trying to cut that little limb sticking out of his real tree camo and is now trying to restart it to finish the cut. The instructions with my new Husky 455 said you could engage the safety break start the saw and then reset the break? Wouldn't this wear out the break?

Eventually. Better the brake then your leg.

/ How to start a chainsaw #37  
I don't think this is being looked at with a proper perspective. I don't see any warning labels on the saw saying don't start this way. So if he actually started the saw, the civil suit against the manufacture who be enormous. He would retire on disability and live a life of leisure for every more on the huge jury awarded judgment while lamenting how a sorry saw manufacture caused him severe physical, emotional and all other pains.

/ How to start a chainsaw #38  
I don't think this is being looked at with a proper perspective. I don't see any warning labels on the saw saying don't start this way. So if he actually started the saw, the civil suit against the manufacture who be enormous. He would retire on disability and live a life of leisure for every more on the huge jury awarded judgment while lamenting how a sorry saw manufacture caused him severe physical, emotional and all other pains.

He might get a huge settlement, but he won't be able to leave an inheritance to his children!

/ How to start a chainsaw #39  
I'm not the Safety Police so please don't dump on me but there are a lot of things wrong with that picture. No safety glasses, no chaps, no helmet, no hearing protection, no gloves.

I almost did myself some real harm a couple of years ago. I'd been using a chainsaw without chaps for years, wearing just jeans. One day I woke up and bought a pair of chaps. Not six months later I was cutting brush at the end of a long day and was bagged. Without thinking I rested the still moving chain on my leg. The Kevlar did what it's supposed to and stopped the chain dead in it's tracks. Someone later said chainsaws don't cut, they rip! Looking at the damage to the chaps I would have likely bled out befiore I got help. Apart from a good pair of chaps ruined I walked away without a scratch.

I now look like RoboCop. I wear an approved helmet with face shield, chaps, steel toed boots, hearing protection and I just bought a Kevlar vest and Kevlar gloves. I get ribbed every so often but I still have the old chaps as a reminder!