How to start a chainsaw

/ How to start a chainsaw #1  

Don87

Elite Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson GC2400
I received this in my e-mail. It was titled: How To Crank A Chainsaw.

Attachments

• chain saw.jpg
    chain saw.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 972
   / How to start a chainsaw #2  
thats funny i bet that was a add put out by planned perent hood.

/ How to start a chainsaw #3  
Maybe a reproduction licensing exam:shocked:

/ How to start a chainsaw #4  
I attended a chainsaw safety seminar and really except the direction of the blade, that is what the instructor said was the safe way to crank it. Put it between your legs and one hand on the top handle. I cant crank mine that way and have to use the drop and pull method which a lot of folks use, but is very dangerous to the lets if you loose it. Even then still sometimes it pulls the cord out of my hand. MY Husky sometimes seems like it is hydro-locked or something on the first pull and is very hard to pull, but it usually cranks on the 3-4 pull when cold and 1-2 when warm.

/ How to start a chainsaw #5  
I attended a chainsaw safety seminar and really except the direction of the blade, that is what the instructor said was the safe way to crank it. Put it between your legs and one hand on the top handle. I cant crank mine that way and have to use the drop and pull method and still sometimes it pulls the cord out of my hand. MY Husky sometimes seems like it is hydrolocked or something and is very hard to pull, but it usually cranks on the 3-4 pull when cold and 1-2 when warm.
Gary my husky is same way if it's on compression strok it will jerk rope out of my hands sometimes, thats only way i have ever started a saw drop and pull.

/ How to start a chainsaw #6  
Are you sure that email didn't come from your MIL?

/ How to start a chainsaw #7  
That's only for trimming saws!:eek: After a dozen or more of these::drink::drink:

/ How to start a chainsaw #8  
   / How to start a chainsaw #9  
Gary my husky is same way if it's on compression strok it will jerk rope out of my hands sometimes, thats only way i have ever started a saw drop and pull.
According to the chain saw safety guru, that is the way lots of folks do it and lot of folks get their legs cut. It isn't bad if I can start it with one hand on the top handle and it will start and idle, but if it is hot, I need to pull the throttle a bit so then it gets a bit iffy on the safety when I hold it by the rear handle.

/ How to start a chainsaw #10  
This is a very dangerous way to start a chainsaw. You can easily punch yourself in the nose with a starter mishap. To thwart this danger, the chainsaw should be facing the other way with the powerhead just under the persons rear end. It is a much more natural move as well.