Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41
  1. #11
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Renze View Post
    Being saved by the axle pivot endstop when working with front loaders quite a few times, i wouldnt even concider a front loader on a narrow front tractor...
    There is nothing at all wrong with a loader on the front of a tricycle style tractor. These were designed typically as pooper scoopers. Some would move dirt or other loose material with them, though they are not well suited to general "Loader Work". They were never designed or meant to pic up a stump of that size. In fact, most tractors, utility or ag tractors are not designed to pick stumps of that size up. This guys tragic death was due completely to his own irresponsibility. I won't say he got what he deserved. No one deserves this. But he was certainly asking for a problem. Do a you tube search for something like, "Shotgun Hang fire". It's a wonder the guy didn't blow his dam n head clean off. You can't fix stupid.

  2. #12
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    2,796
    Location
    .
    Tractor
    .

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    There is nothing at all wrong with a loader on the front of a tricycle style tractor.
    I strongly disagree. A loader on a tricycle tractor is a recipe for disaster. Countless safety books advise against the practice, with one such example being "The Farm Safety Handbook" By Rick Kubik available on Google books.

    The Farm Safety Handbook - Rick Kubik - Google Books

    National Ag Safety Database - Tractor Overturn Hazards
    .

  3. #13
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Quote Originally Posted by MasseyWV View Post
    I strongly disagree. A loader on a tricycle tractor is a recipe for disaster. Countless safety books advise against the practice, with one such example being "The Farm Safety Handbook" By Rick Kubik available on Google books.

    [url=http://books.google.com/books?id=L8bPdcIUqMMC&lpg=PA24&ots=JgIFoCzJPZ&dq=t ricycle%20tractor%20danger&pg=PA24#v=onepage&q=tri cycle%20tractor%20danger&f=false]The Farm Safety Handbook - Rick Kubik - Google Books[/url

    National Ag Safety Database - Tractor Overturn Hazards
    I can't refute the information that you posted. But I can say that my family has used these kinds of tractors with these kinds of loaders for decades as manure shovels with out tipping one over on themselves. They outlawed 3 wheeler's for being "Too Dangerous" as well. But we still own a 350 Big Red and it is one of the slickest bikes we have ever owned. I won't disagree that they, (Big red or tric loaders) can't be dangerous. But they are only as dangerous as the person using them. This is the same basic argument I have regarding the notion that you "Can't" or "Should not" push with a box blade. I choose not to accept this as the final solution. Especially after seeing how effective they can be while pushing. I have watched the son of a kubota dealer up north that has his own landscaping business level pile after pile of topsoil faster then many people can with a skidsteer. Everything has it's place. And everything has it's limits. I don't think we should resolutely and Permanently condemn things because people in general can not be trusted to use their brains.

  4. #14
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    434
    Location
    TN
    Tractor
    LS U5030C

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by J F View Post
    I know .08 is the legal limit here, so I'm not sure how "plastered" .11 really is. Could that be 2 beers in an an hour?

    Not saying there should be any tractor operation with alcohol in your system, but I'm thinking that .11 is not nearly quite as drunk as some may be thinking.
    He was also taking Diazepam mix that with the beer would make a Good Friday night.
    LS U5030C, International McCormick B-414 Gas

  5. #15
    Elite Member J F's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    4,174
    Location
    North of Atlanta, GA
    Tractor
    ShovelandBarrow

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Or a very bad one. I missed the part about the diazepam, thanks. Yeah, valium+beer+tractor, not going to be a good mix.
    ____
    Jay

  6. #16
    Super Star Member k0ua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    15,688
    Location
    Branson, Mo.
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35se Hydrostat

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Someone asked how drunk are you at .11BAC.. pretty drunk Not falling down drunk, but drunk enough you don't want to drive or operate machinery or have a gun in your possession.. How many beers it would take to get there? you cannot say, it varies so much per person.. Weight has a lot to do with it. More weight/size, more blood in the body, therefore more places to "put it". How well a persons liver processes the alcohol makes a big difference too. The number of hours the alcohol was consumed in make a large difference too. A theoretical BAC calculator puts 8 beers in 3 hours for a 200 pound person at .11 or 7 beers in 3 hours for a 160lb person or 6 beers in an hour for a 160 pounder, would also be .11. It just "depends", and these are "average people" what ever that is. I have seen lots of drunks, and seen lots of them blow on the BA. and .11 is drunk enough to get you stopped easily by any LE that is paying any attention at all to your driving.. You WILL stand out by your driving style at .11 or even less. On the other hand I have seen people blow in the mid .20's and still be seemingly functioning pretty well.. These are your hardcore professional drunks. They seem more or less OK. not really OK, or they wouldn't have been stopped in the first place, but doing a heck of a lot better than I could with a BAC like that. I would be passed out on the floor.. but then again I don't drink much. I have seen petite women that are not used to drinking, you can give a couple of beers to, and.... well we wont't go there

    James K0UA
    James KUA

    Kioti DK35se hydrostat with 2 QA buckets, 48 inch. King Kutter Rotary Cutter. 750 lbs ballast box. Loaded tires, Construction Attachments SSQA Lightweight Pallet forks. EA 50 inch single lid "wicked" Grapple. Satisfied Everlast PA160 welder owner How to add a link to a post . Best way to search TBN


  7. #17
    Gold Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    310

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Quote Originally Posted by k0ua View Post
    Someone asked how drunk are you at .11BAC.. pretty drunk Not falling down drunk, but drunk enough you don't want to drive or operate machinery or have a gun in your possession.. How many beers it would take to get there? you cannot say, it varies so much per person.. Weight has a lot to do with it. More weight/size, more blood in the body, therefore more places to "put it". How well a persons liver processes the alcohol makes a big difference too. The number of hours the alcohol was consumed in make a large difference too. A theoretical BAC calculator puts 8 beers in 3 hours for a 200 pound person at .11 or 7 beers in 3 hours for a 160lb person or 6 beers in an hour for a 160 pounder, would also be .11. It just "depends", and these are "average people" what ever that is. I have seen lots of drunks, and seen lots of them blow on the BA. and .11 is drunk enough to get you stopped easily by any LE that is paying any attention at all to your driving.. You WILL stand out by your driving style at .11 or even less. On the other hand I have seen people blow in the mid .20's and still be seemingly functioning pretty well.. These are your hardcore professional drunks. They seem more or less OK. not really OK, or they wouldn't have been stopped in the first place, but doing a heck of a lot better than I could with a BAC like that. I would be passed out on the floor.. but then again I don't drink much. I have seen petite women that are not used to drinking, you can give a couple of beers to, and.... well we wont't go there

    James K0UA
    I don't know bout yall, but if 20-25% (.2-.25) 0f my blood were alcohol, i think you would need to push on my chest to get any air out of me and across a Breathalyzer. And i think the reading would show dead.

    .11 (11% BAC) is pretty tipsy

  8. #18
    Super Member Scooby074's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6,090
    Location
    Nova Scotia
    Tractor
    BX 25, ZD 326

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Lets see... Drunk and on prescribed drugs. And using a tricycle tractor on a hill..

    Never saw this one happening

  9. #19
    Veteran Member 1bush2hog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1,087
    Location
    Georgia
    Tractor
    NH TN75

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Scooby074 View Post
    Lets see... Drunk and on prescribed drugs. And using a tricycle tractor on a hill..

    Never saw this one happening
    James makes some good points but it's still sad that it is what it is. Alcohol and/or drugs may have been a factor. I wouldn't even think about using a tricycle with a loader on a hill when I am straight, but then again I wouldn't even have a tricycle to begin with. Must be a reason they don't make them anymore
    As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another. (Proverbs 27:17)

  10. #20
    Elite Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    2,972
    Location
    Knoxville, TN
    Tractor
    Bobcat CT225

    Default Re: Sometimes the stump wins

    Quote Originally Posted by Singalo View Post
    Do a you tube search for something like, "Shotgun Hang fire". It's a wonder the guy didn't blow his dam n head clean off. You can't fix stupid.
    For the record, that video is faked. Watch carefully when he racks the slide. The first two shots, a shell is ejected, then after the supposed "hang-fire," he racks the slide but no shell is ejected, because the gun was empty. If it had been an actual hang-fire, the "hung" shell would have been ejected when he racked it and gone off on the ground. So why did he rack the gun after the hang-fire? To make sure that it was actually empty when he aimed it at his head is my guess. Finally, listen to the third shot vs. the first two. The third shot ends abruptly and has no echo like the first two. It was added digitally.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 50 WINS Today
    By 3RRL in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 01:35 AM
  2. CK 25 wins
    By pipe_welder in forum Kioti Owning/Operating
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 06-08-2006, 01:04 PM
  3. Did I do right, wife wins
    By roermo in forum John Deere Owning/Operating
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-31-2005, 12:35 PM
  4. the one with the most toys wins
    By heehaw in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-29-2005, 11:15 AM
  5. What if the Taleban wins?
    By RPM in forum Related Topics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-12-2001, 09:40 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2014 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.