Sometimes the stump wins

/ Sometimes the stump wins #21  
For the record, that video is faked. Watch carefully when he racks the slide. The first two shots, a shell is ejected, then after the supposed "hang-fire," he racks the slide but no shell is ejected, because the gun was empty. If it had been an actual hang-fire, the "hung" shell would have been ejected when he racked it and gone off on the ground. So why did he rack the gun after the hang-fire? To make sure that it was actually empty when he aimed it at his head is my guess. Finally, listen to the third shot vs. the first two. The third shot ends abruptly and has no echo like the first two. It was added digitally.

Ahhh, so you left that comment on the vid. =)

/ Sometimes the stump wins #23  
I can't refute the information that you posted. But I can say that my family has used these kinds of tractors with these kinds of loaders for decades as manure shovels with out tipping one over on themselves.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #24  
Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

We had one in the family for about 40 years before we sold it. No mishaps but we were pretty careful with it.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #25  
I don't know bout yall, but if 20-25% (.2-.25) 0f my blood were alcohol, i think you would need to push on my chest to get any air out of me and across a Breathalyzer. And i think the reading would show dead.

.11 (11% BAC) is pretty tipsy

Your calculator is broken. .11 is exactly what it says it is. 0.11% of your blood volume is alcohol. If you make it to 11% BAC, you were dead about 8% earlier and the IV was left running.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #26  
Very good info for a rookie tractor owner like me. Thanks for sharing. Studying the conditions (slope, loader position & use, etc.) will make me stop and think a little more now, even though my tractor is nothing like that, and I'd never use alcohol until the work was done.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #27  
Indeed a shame. <__________>

Amazes me that those **** things are even legal anymore ...They did it to honda trikes ?

/ Sometimes the stump wins #28  
Someone asked how drunk are you at .11BAC.. pretty drunk Not falling down drunk, but drunk enough you don't want to drive or operate machinery or have a gun in your possession.. How many beers it would take to get there? you cannot say, it varies so much per person.. Weight has a lot to do with it. More weight/size, more blood in the body, therefore more places to "put it". How well a persons liver processes the alcohol makes a big difference too. The number of hours the alcohol was consumed in make a large difference too. A theoretical BAC calculator puts 8 beers in 3 hours for a 200 pound person at .11 or 7 beers in 3 hours for a 160lb person or 6 beers in an hour for a 160 pounder, would also be .11. It just "depends", and these are "average people" what ever that is. I have seen lots of drunks, and seen lots of them blow on the BA. and .11 is drunk enough to get you stopped easily by any LE that is paying any attention at all to your driving.. You WILL stand out by your driving style at .11 or even less. On the other hand I have seen people blow in the mid .20's and still be seemingly functioning pretty well.. These are your hardcore professional drunks. They seem more or less OK. not really OK, or they wouldn't have been stopped in the first place, but doing a heck of a lot better than I could with a BAC like that. I would be passed out on the floor.. but then again I don't drink much. I have seen petite women that are not used to drinking, you can give a couple of beers to, and.... well we wont't go there:)

James K0UA

Body weight, individual metabolism and decay time are all in the BAC number, it is a result, a "concentration", a "bottom line" if you will.
Whether or not we as individuals agree with the medical profession, it has been determined that BAC is a reliable indicator of impairment - and in many places it is a determinant of legal fitness to operate motor vehicles and/or other "machinery".
{Yeah, all the freedom to do what you want with whatever you want on your own property as long as you don't endanger others ...I get all that stuff.}

Fact o' the matter is the guy killed himself while legally drunk.
The equipment was MARGINAL for the task and conditions, he might have got away with it using different equipment, or if he had been more in control of his faculties.
The envelope has edges, it has corners, however we argue this, he got completely outside the envelope and it killed him.

Personally I have no use for alcohol, how much that colors my opinion of this tractor accident is debatable.
I only mention it so anyone who cares to can separate my opinions from those who believe they are "OK on n beers and 0.xyx BAC is a ridiculous low level to be considered drunk".

/ Sometimes the stump wins #29  
The envelope has edges, it has corners, however we argue this, he got completely outside the envelope and it killed him.

A+B=C

A -> Poor judgment
B -> Improper equipment
C -> Dead on arrival

/ Sometimes the stump wins #30  
A+B=C

A -> Poor judgment
B -> Improper equipment
C -> Dead on arrival

Not really that simple.
Some combination of; toxic substances, equipment, conditions, task at hand, experience, whatever_all_else.
I agree that Poor judgement may well have been what caused him to believe that the combination would be OK, so as a root cause - Yeah, that kills a lot of people in many different circumstances.

Of course it might have all gone well but for some final "last straw", but we shouldn't be that close to (edge or corner) conditions where say a mosquito bite can distract us from maintaining a balance point.