Sometimes the stump wins

/ Sometimes the stump wins #31  
Your calculator is broken. .11 is exactly what it says it is. 0.11% of your blood volume is alcohol. If you make it to 11% BAC, you were dead about 8% earlier and the IV was left running.

Yea, my bad, you are correct of course. I was thinking in terms of this. 1*.5 = .5 or in other words half of one, or 50% of 1. But on reflection, 11% BAC is rather a silly notion. He ll, 1% BAC is silly. I was looking at it as a multiplier as opposed to what it actually is, which is a literal %.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #32  
For the record, that video is faked. Watch carefully when he racks the slide. The first two shots, a shell is ejected, then after the supposed "hang-fire," he racks the slide but no shell is ejected, because the gun was empty. If it had been an actual hang-fire, the "hung" shell would have been ejected when he racked it and gone off on the ground. So why did he rack the gun after the hang-fire? To make sure that it was actually empty when he aimed it at his head is my guess. Finally, listen to the third shot vs. the first two. The third shot ends abruptly and has no echo like the first two. It was added digitally.

Also if you look VERY carefully at second 28. and play it several times at that time frame you can see a "faded in" ghost image... Yes it is fake. Some idiot took a lot of time and trouble to make it though.

James K0UA

/ Sometimes the stump wins #33  
Also if you look VERY carefully at second 28. and play it several times at that time frame you can see a "faded in" ghost image... Yes it is fake. Some idiot took a lot of time and trouble to make it though.

James K0UA

Fake or not fake, you should never look down the barrel of a gun, loaded or not. Hang fires are a real phenom. And even if this vid was not real, the premise is. We probably all know someone that should not own a gun because this type of scenario is all to likely.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #34  
Personally I have no use for alcohol, how much that colors my opinion of this tractor accident is debatable.

I only mention it so anyone who cares to can separate my opinions from those who believe they are "OK on n beers and 0.xyx BAC is a ridiculous low level to be considered drunk".

If we happen to get any posts like that we'll be sure to separate your opinion theirs. :laughing:

I don't think anyone can argue that almost all states consider a BAC over .08 to be legally drunk and it to be illegal to operate a motor vehicle on-road (or maybe your yard).

/ Sometimes the stump wins #35  
It's .04 if you have a CDL.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #36  
Not being a dedicated drinker, I don't know the figures, but up here they apply for cars on the highway, skidoos on the trail, atv's on private land or boats on a lake. There was even one fellow (who had previously lost his license) who got charged while on his riding lawnmower, heading along a back road.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #37  
Tricycle style old tractors are not fit for traversing hills, add an FEL to it, and its a recipe for disaster.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #38  
Not being a dedicated drinker, I don't know the figures, but up here they apply for cars on the highway, skidoos on the trail, atv's on private land or boats on a lake. There was even one fellow (who had previously lost his license) who got charged while on his riding lawnmower, heading along a back road.

A motor vehicle by any other name, etc.
If you are banned from driving them then you are banned from driving ALL of them.
Yes, boating while intoxicating (if you get caught) usually costs your car license in USA - maybe not in SOME States, but generally.

I do know that 0.04 is the limit for CDL, which is half what it is in many places for "car" licenses (0.08).
Not sure of this, but it is my understanding that if you HAVE a CDL and are caught driving a CAR at 0.06 your CDL goes bye bye WITH your car license.

Sounds reasonable to me, although people may be able to kinda/sorta/more or less be able to walk a straight line at 0.04 their ability to drive SAFELY is certainly impaired - though we could argue to what extent.

Again I have no use for it, which only exposes me to all the other risks of operating a tractor (-:
Like, ain't those ENOUGH ?
My judgement may not always be "good", but it isn't made worse by booze - - OK, its bad enough already.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #39  
It's .04 if you have a CDL.

The construction company I worked for in the past had random drug tests, and I believe the limit was also 0.04, although since I don't drink, it was never an issue for me.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #40  
A motor vehicle by any other name, etc.
If you are banned from driving them then you are banned from driving ALL of them.
Yes, boating while intoxicating (if you get caught) usually costs your car license in USA - maybe not in SOME States, but generally.

I do know that 0.04 is the limit for CDL, which is half what it is in many places for "car" licenses (0.08).
Not sure of this, but it is my understanding that if you HAVE a CDL and are caught driving a CAR at 0.06 your CDL goes bye bye WITH your car license.

Sounds reasonable to me, although people may be able to kinda/sorta/more or less be able to walk a straight line at 0.04 their ability to drive SAFELY is certainly impaired - though we could argue to what extent.

Again I have no use for it, which only exposes me to all the other risks of operating a tractor (-:
Like, ain't those ENOUGH ?
My judgement may not always be "good", but it isn't made worse by booze - - OK, its bad enough already.
I couldn't find the .06, but I found an 'administrative' 'per se'.
"Administrative per se (probable cause) for operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol concentration at or above .08".

http://www.dmv.de.gov/services/driver_services/faqs/MCSIA_DMV_Cheat_Sheet_04162007.pdf

One of the first things I found out after I got my CDL, was that a good swig of cough syrup will give you a .04 alcohol reading on a breathalizer.