Sometimes the stump wins

/ Sometimes the stump wins #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Be especially careful with loaders on hillsides.

Article at:

NIOSH FACE Program: Iowa Case Report 04IA011| CDC/NIOSH

04IA011a.jpg

/ Sometimes the stump wins #2  
A ROPS would have probably saved his life. Tractors can kill you faster than you can say the word dead.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #3  
We, as operators of tractors, can never become complacent when performing tasks on our tractors. Accidents can happen in "the blink of an eye".

/ Sometimes the stump wins #4  
Indeed a shame. <__________>

/ Sometimes the stump wins #5  
Being saved by the axle pivot endstop when working with front loaders quite a few times, i wouldnt even concider a front loader on a narrow front tractor...

/ Sometimes the stump wins #6  
Indeed a tragedy. Guys .11BAC is pretty drunk, I know some of the members have said they drink while operating their tractors, but I don't think it is a good idea. I can tell you this, at .11 Blood Alcohol Content, I cannot safely operate any kind of machinery. This has bound to have affected this poor guys judgment.

James K0UA

/ Sometimes the stump wins #7  
Tragic indeed, but I can't help thinking that stupidity cost this life, not the stump that "won".

I was reminded recently that even a wide front end and carrying a (relatively) small weight low on fairly level ground can tip a tractor.
THAT guy's mistake was a long chain, so although his object was close to the ground the point of attachment was dangerously high.
I would guess 10 ft., single chain to the middle of the bucket - so TWO mistakes.
He got a bump, the swing lifted a front wheel and he seemed to reflexively steer the right way, but it was a close "almost".
With ROPS, but if it had gone over it would NOT have been fun.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #8  
Indeed a tragedy. Guys .11BAC is pretty drunk, I know some of the members have said they drink while operating their tractors, but I don't think it is a good idea. I can tell you this, at .11 Blood Alcohol Content, I cannot safely operate any kind of machinery. This has bound to have affected this poor guys judgment.

James K0UA

I missed the .11 BAC. He sure was plastered. Driving a tractor and running a chainsaw while drunk is just stupid. This guy was stupid drunk at .11 BAC. The photo with the monuments gives a good idea of the slope he was working on.

FEL on a trycycle tractor is nuts.
Operating it on what looks like a decent slop is even riskier.
Doing this with an .11 BAC is a just stupid.

For him to have an .11 he was pounding them down fast and/or all day.

Later,
Dan

/ Sometimes the stump wins #9  
I know some of the members have said they drink while operating their tractors, but I don't think it is a good idea.

Alcohol and machinery definitely don't mix.

/ Sometimes the stump wins #10  
I know .08 is the legal limit here, so I'm not sure how "plastered" .11 really is. Could that be 2 beers in an an hour?

Not saying there should be any tractor operation with alcohol in your system, but I'm thinking that .11 is not nearly quite as drunk as some may be thinking.