But for the grace of God....this could be one of us....

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #41  
Some friends of mine had their car speared by a sulky ("bike") that flipped off a horse trailer in front of them; a really scary experience, but luckily nobody was hurt.
I was reminded of these pics by some discussion above:
Drive shaft vs. bedsprings

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #42  
rd_macgregor, that reminds me of something that happened here about 35 years ago. A District Officer for the provincial electrical utility was driving down a rural road with a pike pole on his ladder rack. These pike poles are wooden poles about 2 3/4" in diameter and 12 - 14 feet long with a steel spike in one end. They're used for various things but mainly to prop up power poles that have rotted off at ground level until a crew can come and replace it. Anyways, he though that since he wasn't going far and was going to go slow and the pike pole was laying horizontally he could get away without tying it down. He was doing ok until he came to meet a farmer on his tractor. Just as he was about to pass him, he hit a bump in the road and this caused the front of the pike pole to bounce up and that was all it took for it to sail up and over to the side. The steel point speared the air cleaner on the tractor, a John Deere "D"! Close call for the farmer, eh?

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us....
Mace ....I thought you should know , someone else is using your picture on a firearms forum unless you are one in the same..this poster lives in Maine, USA.:confused3:

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #44  
Mace ....I thought you should know , someone else is using your picture on a firearms forum unless you are one in the same..this poster lives in Maine, USA.:confused3:

I have seen that picture used in various forums. are you implying that that is his picture that someone took of him on New Year's Eve?

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us....
I have seen that picture used in various forums. are you implying that that is his picture that someone took of him on New Year's Eve?

No Big Mike, I wasn't implying they took the picture of him on New Years Eve but I figured maybe they took the picture of him at Walmart trying to haggle on a price....:confused3:

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #46  
Trailer Park Boys - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

mace.jpg

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #47  
No, definitely not me in my avatar...I was looking for a web pic to use as an avatar when I came across Bubbles' pic and I just liked the intense look he has! Besides that, he's a Canadian, eh! :D :laughing:

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #48  
I suspect Bubbles is the Canadian version of South Park's Kenny. BTW, I've seen a few episodes of both shows and in my less than humble opinion...they both suck.

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #49  
I suspect Bubbles is the Canadian version of South Park's Kenny. BTW, I've seen a few episodes of both shows and in my less than humble opinion...they both suck.

Trailer Park Boys is best enjoyed after a few beers.

/ But for the grace of God....this could be one of us.... #50  
Trailer Park Boys are awesome, and have just started on their third movie. Given Mace's location, perhaps Brent LeRoy would be a more fitting avatar?