Accident Waiting to Happen

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #1  

MasseyWV

Elite Member
Tractor

/ Accident Waiting to Happen
Just to put things into perspective, the following video illustrates what could have easily happened to the guy in the first video.

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #3  
Oh SH1$! Both of those are crazy! The first guy should have called a neighbor to help pull him out and shouldn't have had the kids watching. He looked a bit inexperienced and might not have known better. He probably doesn't know better now experience or not. Success there just seemed to breed more cavalier tractor operation - the standing and leg lifting going down the road.

The second guy it is hard to tell but when the tractor high centered the first time he should have reassessed the wisdom of his intention to cross that hump. I hope he lived to plow another day but it didn't look good at all! Just a different kind of cavalier on a tractor. The second vid shows how quick things go bad.

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #4  
Agree......dumb moves on both these guys parts. I also hope the 2nd guy is OK.....what was he thinking? Another reason for ROP!!

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #5  
Than they wonder why there tractor always needs work..hope guy 2 ok.

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #6  
No ROPS & no seat belt is a fair indication of no brains as an operator - both tractors are probably now for sale by their widows & advertised as careful owner/light work only.........nothing like getting off without incident the first time to build the confidence for even greater acts of (tractor) stupidity.......

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #7  
RE: The First Video. I think that the operator was openly proud of himself but far too conceited. I also think that getting that Ford Tractor unstuck was not his "First Batch of Pickles" - Mountain Talk. RE: The Second Video. I don't know that individual personally, and I don't want to chastise his behavior too much. But, I think that he was DUMB and STUPID to attempt that maneuver. The incline appeared to be steep and the turning space at the end was much too limited. Since he had someone filming, he surely didn't expect the results.

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #8  
If you pause the second video, almost at the end, you can see his feet sticking out from under the seat as the tractor crushes him.

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #9  
ever see the guys chain logs and fence posts to tires to get unstuck. makes me shiver to watch..

/ Accident Waiting to Happen #10  
The man in the first video is a professor at a Appalchain State University and is chair of the computer science department! His farm is located in Creston which is in the far Northwest corner of NC and little else but mountains that hold the rest of the world together. I thought I had ceased to be amazed.....