Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #2  
It must not have been around here. Nothing outside burns this time of year.

Lighting an animal on fire is NOT considered humane, although perhaps we dwell too much on humane ways to terminate the lives of animals. But, I agree... wouldn't one expect not only the place where the gasoline was poured to burn, but also the animal to try to escape the flames?

And, never play with fire without a plan to put the fire out.

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #3  
Perhaps she should be charged with animal cruelty for good measure :)

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #4  
I heard it on the news this morning... " Snake burns down house "... should have been " Idgit person douses snake with gas, lights same, snake slithers off into brush, brush sets fire to house... neighbors house has damage... too "

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #5  
Weird, I read a story almost like this about 4 months ago but it was a burning 'mouse' ?

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #6  
We had a call once where a woman poured gasoline on a wasp nest, set the can down on her stone patio, carried the nest away & lit it. Fire followed the gas trail back to the can! Fortunately, now one was hurt of damage done, except the can!

Another call was a "grass fire", when we arrived on scene, a small grass fire around the base of a power pole with a "fresh dead", burnd squirrel in the middle of it! He had shorted out the power line, setting himself on fire, dropping into the dry grass. ~~ grnspot

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #7  
I did not know that Lorena Bobbit moved to Texas......she really must hate snakes!:laughing:

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #8  
Speaking of stupid fire setting. I have a friend who had a restored 1958 corvette, a 66 Fairlane GT, a 1939 Ford hot rodded pick up truck and a 66 Jag XKE along with his daily driver of an 86 Grand National Buick. He had the Corvette on the upper level of a stack lift where you can park a car underneath. His attempt to start the Corvette with starter fluid resulted in an explosion from the flooded carburetor. As the car was elevated, it caught the ceiling on fire. Of course the car underneath was the Fairlane with no motor in it. He burnt the Corvette and every car listed in the garage along with burning down the garage and which was attached to the house which burnt the house beyond recognition. Now the Fairlane was getting a new 390 motor that he plowed $18,000 in (close to 650 hp). This engine is still at the builders with no car to put it in. Not a good day for my poor buddy.

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #9  
Speaking of stupid fire setting. I have a friend who had a restored 1958 corvette, a 66 Fairlane GT, a 1939 Ford hot rodded pick up truck and a 66 Jag XKE along with his daily driver of an 86 Grand National Buick. He had the Corvette on the upper level of a stack lift where you can park a car underneath. His attempt to start the Corvette with starter fluid resulted in an explosion from the flooded carburetor. As the car was elevated, it caught the ceiling on fire. Of course the car underneath was the Fairlane with no motor in it. He burnt the Corvette and every car listed in the garage along with burning down the garage and which was attached to the house which burnt the house beyond recognition. Now the Fairlane was getting a new 390 motor that he plowed $18,000 in (close to 650 hp). This engine is still at the builders with no car to put it in. Not a good day for my poor buddy.

Wow, that's too bad for your friend. I hope he had the foresight to keep his insurance coverage adjusted so he would be prepared for unforeseeable things like that. Just glad no one got hurt in either of these incidents.

/ Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire #10  
We got a fire call one night and as we got there we found a pump house on fire, it was about 6 deg out and the owner was trying to keep his water pipes from freezing. We opened the door and out runs a rabbit with it's fur on fire. I still have the picture in my mind of firemen running around a yard with a couple in of snow on it, in full turnout gear trying to catch a rabbit. The rabbit ran under a corn house and lit that on fire and we had to wet down the corn house and the rabbit to put them out. It would have ben funny if the rabbit had not ben on fire.