Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    A couple

Default Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire

Woman's house burned down by snake she set on fire

Woman

What a dam fool!
    Paraphrasing Douglas Adams - So long and thanks for all the bacon.

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

Default Re: Woman痴 house burned down by snake she set on fire

It must not have been around here. Nothing outside burns this time of year.

Lighting an animal on fire is NOT considered humane, although perhaps we dwell too much on humane ways to terminate the lives of animals. But, I agree... wouldn't one expect not only the place where the gasoline was poured to burn, but also the animal to try to escape the flames?

And, never play with fire without a plan to put the fire out.

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Kioti RX6010C

Perhaps she should be charged with animal cruelty for good measure :-)

Tractor
    Mahindra 5035, JD 2240, 420

I heard it on the news this morning... " Snake burns down house "... should have been " Idgit person douses snake with gas, lights same, snake slithers off into brush, brush sets fire to house... neighbors house has damage... too "

Elite Member

Weird, I read a story almost like this about 4 months ago but it was a burning 'mouse' ?
    ::Sent from a standard desktop keyboard::

My Photobucket

Tractor
    John Deere 790, 420, 314, 317 "Special", "L/60" Custom & 70 I

We had a call once where a woman poured gasoline on a wasp nest, set the can down on her stone patio, carried the nest away & lit it. Fire followed the gas trail back to the can! Fortunately, now one was hurt of damage done, except the can!

Another call was a "grass fire", when we arrived on scene, a small grass fire around the base of a power pole with a "fresh dead", burnd squirrel in the middle of it! He had shorted out the power line, setting himself on fire, dropping into the dry grass. ~~ grnspot

Tractor
    yanmar 186D....JD LT180....DR Brush Cutter

I did not know that Lorena Bobbit moved to Texas......she really must hate snakes!
    I Intend to Live Forever.....So Far....So Good!

My memory's not as sharp as it used to be.
    Also, my memory's not as sharp as it used to be.

Veteran Member
    Tractor
    Mahindra 3016

Speaking of stupid fire setting. I have a friend who had a restored 1958 corvette, a 66 Fairlane GT, a 1939 Ford hot rodded pick up truck and a 66 Jag XKE along with his daily driver of an 86 Grand National Buick. He had the Corvette on the upper level of a stack lift where you can park a car underneath. His attempt to start the Corvette with starter fluid resulted in an explosion from the flooded carburetor. As the car was elevated, it caught the ceiling on fire. Of course the car underneath was the Fairlane with no motor in it. He burnt the Corvette and every car listed in the garage along with burning down the garage and which was attached to the house which burnt the house beyond recognition. Now the Fairlane was getting a new 390 motor that he plowed $18,000 in (close to 650 hp). This engine is still at the builders with no car to put it in. Not a good day for my poor buddy.

Tractor
    2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires

Quote Originally Posted by arrow View Post
    Speaking of stupid fire setting. I have a friend who had a restored 1958 corvette, a 66 Fairlane GT, a 1939 Ford hot rodded pick up truck and a 66 Jag XKE along with his daily driver of an 86 Grand National Buick. He had the Corvette on the upper level of a stack lift where you can park a car underneath. His attempt to start the Corvette with starter fluid resulted in an explosion from the flooded carburetor. As the car was elevated, it caught the ceiling on fire. Of course the car underneath was the Fairlane with no motor in it. He burnt the Corvette and every car listed in the garage along with burning down the garage and which was attached to the house which burnt the house beyond recognition. Now the Fairlane was getting a new 390 motor that he plowed $18,000 in (close to 650 hp). This engine is still at the builders with no car to put it in. Not a good day for my poor buddy.
    Wow, that's too bad for your friend. I hope he had the foresight to keep his insurance coverage adjusted so he would be prepared for unforeseeable things like that. Just glad no one got hurt in either of these incidents.
    Nothing could be finer than riding my JD790 in South Carolina!!

2001 John Deere 790 4x4 with Model 70 FEL, 5ft International World Agritech bush hog, 5ft Wallberg BB, 5ft Frontier disc harrow, 5ft King Kutter II Rototiller, 5ft Cultipacker, 5ft Sitrex finish mower, Leinbach PHD with 9" & 12" augers, Leinbach middlebuster, Leinbach #11 Field Cultivator, boom pole, custom 3pt handi-hitch, clamp on bucket forks, Pat's Easy Change.

Nothing runs like a Deere, or smells like a John....

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    massey GC 2400 JD LA 145

We got a fire call one night and as we got there we found a pump house on fire, it was about 6 deg out and the owner was trying to keep his water pipes from freezing. We opened the door and out runs a rabbit with it's fur on fire. I still have the picture in my mind of firemen running around a yard with a couple in of snow on it, in full turnout gear trying to catch a rabbit. The rabbit ran under a corn house and lit that on fire and we had to wet down the corn house and the rabbit to put them out. It would have ben funny if the rabbit had not ben on fire.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast