Almost crushed by BX

/ Almost crushed by BX
I didn't have the lift arms disconnected. I'll try that next time I do a grease job. Saw a man crushed because he had a car jacked up on cinder blocks and one or more of the blocks broke.

/ Almost crushed by BX #12  
I didn't have the lift arms disconnected. I'll try that next time I do a grease job. Saw a man crushed because he had a car jacked up on cinder blocks and one or more of the blocks broke.

So you unhooked the MMM shaft to grease it?

/ Almost crushed by BX
Yes, I guess I need to change the configuration of the zerk so I don't have to disconnect it.

/ Almost crushed by BX #14  
Yes, I guess I need to change the configuration of the zerk so I don't have to disconnect it.

We bought a long rubber hose for our grease gun and can grease ours on our BX2200 and BX2660, but you have to have the shaft turned just right, a hair one way or the other makes a difference.

We tried the method you are using a few times when we first got ours and it was just too much trouble. When you get use to it, it is not that bad, notice I didn't say "easy". I can't get down that low anymore so my wife now does the deck maintenance on them.

/ Almost crushed by BX
I know the feeling...easy to get down...someone please help me get up.

/ Almost crushed by BX #16  
I know the feeling...easy to get down...someone please help me get up.

A few weeks ago I had one of those "help, I've fallen and I can't get up" moments. My wife trying to get me up looked like a Laurel and Hardy movie.:laughing:

/ Almost crushed by BX #17  
Been to many emergency calls with a person under a vehicle. A few were just trapped and had various injuries but survived. Several died quickly. In the case of those that survived a second party was always present. Always chock and block any rolling equipment even on level ground.

/ Almost crushed by BX #19  
Let's update this statement...

Always chock and block any rolling equipment and lift it ONLY on level ground.

I have never been able to choose where my equipment breaks down. Most recently while digging stumps on a grade. Hydraulic hose with a pinhole leak.

/ Almost crushed by BX #20  
But...did that breakdown absolutely require lifting the machine in place? If at all possible, I would find a way to move the machine to level ground for any repair involving a jack. Even a flat tire will generally roll enough to get the machine into a safe position for repair.