How (not) to transport a tractor

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #1  

joshuabardwell

Elite Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT225
Seen on Craigslist.

3E33Lf3N55L25F65H3d4b592399f3784a1ceb.jpg

Satoh S650 weighs between 2100 and 3600 lbs according to Tractordata.com. I suppose it's not totally impossible that the trailer is under the axle's rated weight, but I sure would be concerned about the tongue weight on the trailer, given how much of the tractor is front of the axle. The straps holding it down? No dang way they're up to snuff. And I have no idea what the rope is for.

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #2  
Wow!
Those are the same size straps any sane person would use only on a ATV.
I'm guessing the string is holding the hood down?

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #3  
Since it appears that trailer space was limited, it makes One consider why was also a scrap blade mounted on the 3-point while transporting?

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #5  
   / How (not) to transport a tractor #6  
only problem I see is the straps. The axle looks to be a 3500 pound axle and there is no way that tractor weighs over 3000 pounds in that configuration. The trailer can no doubt handle the tongue weight. Other than that, it is indeed a ghetto setup

/ How (not) to transport a tractor
only problem I see is the straps. The axle looks to be a 3500 pound axle and there is no way that tractor weighs over 3000 pounds in that configuration. The trailer can no doubt handle the tongue weight. Other than that, it is indeed a ghetto setup

Without a WD system, many 1/2 ton and even 3/4 ton trucks are rated for a tongue weight of 500-1000 lbs. The tractor's rear axle appears to be just about flush with the trailer's axle, so let's say about half the tractor's weight is on the trailer's tongue (split 50/50 between the trailer axle and the tongue). That's around 1k to 1.5k on the tongue.

No matter what the axle is rated for, that trailer is too small for that tractor, IMO. I have a 7k GVWR utility trailer that I won't put my tractor (approx. 3.5k-4k) on because, even though I'm under my GVWR, the trailer is not designed for the high point loads that the tractor's contact patch makes.

/ How (not) to transport a tractor #8  
Without a WD system, many 1/2 ton and even 3/4 ton trucks are rated for a tongue weight of 500-1000 lbs. The tractor's rear axle appears to be just about flush with the trailer's axle, so let's say about half the tractor's weight is on the trailer's tongue (split 50/50 between the trailer axle and the tongue). That's around 1k to 1.5k on the tongue.

No matter what the axle is rated for, that trailer is too small for that tractor, IMO. I have a 7k GVWR utility trailer that I won't put my tractor (approx. 3.5k-4k) on because, even though I'm under my GVWR, the trailer is not designed for the high point loads that the tractor's contact patch makes.
lol. the bumper on a v6 dodge Dakota (just the bumper with no hitch) is rated for 500 pounds. I don't know what truck you own but dodge and ford hd non-dually trucks can handle 2000 pounds on the hitch. that's just the rating and they can handle twice that amount. ****, I had an old buddy with a junker chevy s10 4 banger that hauled a long wheelbase single axle landscape trailer with more than 500 pounds on the tongue plus another couple hundred pounds in the bed. what 1/2 and 3/4 trucks are you buying????