Ear Muffs / Hearing Protection while mowing?

/ Ear Muffs / Hearing Protection while mowing? #61  
I always wear it, but its too late in life as I lost my threshold when younger, riding dirt bikes, rock and roll, combined with firearms...most of the time it wasn't at the same time though...LOL
Nowadays I wear them weed wacking, hedge pruning, mowing, cutting and even while riding my road bikes. I do miss the spring peepers after a long winter and many of the sounds I enjoyed outdoors, one ear is worse than the other so I still hear some if I am laying on my pillow at night the right way.
Its never too late to start!

As we say for quitting smoking, it's never too soon, and never too late to get benefit, but sooner is always better!

/ Ear Muffs / Hearing Protection while mowing? #62  
If you are like most folks that use ear buds and headphone, they put the music up louder than what they would be hearing without any hearing protection. Folks that pour on the loud music 12+ hours per day without giving their ears a rest are destined for hearing problems later in life (some of them sooner due to the 100 Db blasting tunes they run about with all day long. I have 80% hearing loss in both my ears and if I can hear the music from a persons ear buds or head phone while setting across an isle from them then it is definitely tooo loud.

I have the AO Safety Worktunes headset. I believe that the volume is limited to 82 db on those. I wear them when mowing or packing the driveway with a plate tamper.
I own a seamless gutter business, so when I'm making cutting aluminum with the miter saw, I toss on on a set of HF muffs that I keep right on the saw handle.
I always have foam ear plugs in when riding the Harley, as I had many ear surgeries as a kid and the wind in my ears affects balance.