Man pinned under a dozer

/ Man pinned under a dozer #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
UPDATE: Man OK after being pinned by bulldozer in Woodland | The Columbian

Woodland— Doward Miller lived to talk about his Sunday misadventure.

Oh, I'm a little sore. Considering I had a 10,000-pound dozer on me, I feel pretty lucky, Miller, 62, said Sunday evening after his accident at about 3:10 p.m.

Here’s what happened.

Miller was driving his Caterpillar bulldozer onto a trailer to move it to another spot on his 8 acres at 272 Bryant Hill Road in Woodland. It started to slide off and then went on its top with Miller underneath.

“The trailer has to be perfectly flat and it had just a little bit of a slope, and when you drive the dozer up on the trailer, if there is any slope, it’s like a skating rink,” Miller said.
===========================================================

I used to see that almost all trailers that carried Cats had wood on the ramps and bed. Don't see that so much any more. Maybe it would have helped.

Bruce

/ Man pinned under a dozer #2  
Wow. He is extremely lucky.

/ Man pinned under a dozer #3  
When things go bad they can go bad in a hurry. Glad to hear he is ok.

/ Man pinned under a dozer #5  
I have never slid off the side of the trailer, however, I have slid off the ramps a couple times. Very scary feeling. I am glad he is going to be ok. Ken Sweet

/ Man pinned under a dozer #6  
Maybe his property is 10 feet wide by 6.6 miles long?

You were probably answering my question that I deleted after a minute post. "Why was he moving the crawler by trailer on 8 acres. It looks likes it is pretty compact area. I did a Google Earth of the address. I believe you can actually see the Caterpillar.

Last edited:
   / Man pinned under a dozer #7  
You were probably answering my question that I deleted after a minute post. "Why was he moving the crawler by trailer on 8 acres. It looks likes it is pretty compact area. I did a Google Earth of the address. I believe you can actually see the Caterpillar.

You are making the assumption that the dozer can simply drive to any part of the property. Not knowing anything about the property, it may be very easily accessible, or it may be best to trailer it and come in from another access point.

Anyway, he's one lucky dude to be able to live and tell about having a dozer flip over on him. He surely had an angel watching over him.