tractor roll over smart phone app.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #2  
That's a real good idea. I hope you wll track their progress and let us know when the app comes on the market. Thanks,
Jim

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #3  
That is a good idea.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #4  
When I first seen the thread I was thinking that somehow they were using a sensor in the phone to determine how much angle was on the tractor. Don'r know for sure if it can be done with a phone but it would be easy for the designers to make it part of the tractor.

But it would be dependent on tires etc and I expect lawyers would get in the way. And with a FEL everything changes.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #5  
Motorola had something similar in the HTs, a 'man down' function you could program.
If the radio was upended and stayed that way for a period of time (don't remember how long it was),
then the radio could send a signal to alert others on frequency. They used an ASCII or some other
code burst at the beginning or end of each transmission, another feature that could be programmed
by the user, which would ID the radio and by association who the person in trouble was.

using triangulation through a couple receiver antennas in the repeater system, they could roughly
locate the radio. This was long before GPS was available for use outside the military.

Data from the NIOSH show that one out of every 10 tractor operators will roll a tractor at least once.
NIOSH also notes that only half of the 4.7 million tractors on U.S. farms have rollover protection.

Those are some scary stats from NIOSH.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #6  
This would be a superb application for Bluetooth...sensor on tractor, ap on phone in pocket, automated call to designated numbers in cell phone...brilliant...wish I had thought of it.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #8  
When I first seen the thread I was thinking that somehow they were using a sensor in the phone to determine how much angle was on the tractor. Don'r know for sure if it can be done with a phone but it would be easy for the designers to make it part of the tractor.

But it would be dependent on tires etc and I expect lawyers would get in the way. And with a FEL everything changes.

There are may inclinomemter and level apps.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #9  
Do you know of a free one that will automatically dial one or more numbers and play a message if a person stops moving and fails to respond to an alert? I could not find one for android phone.

There are may inclinomemter and level apps.

/ tractor roll over smart phone app. #10  
Do you know of a free one that will automatically dial one or more numbers and play a message if a person stops moving and fails to respond to an alert? I could not find one for android phone.

No I don't.