Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer???

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #11  
Yes, I would feel comfortable operating it.

It all depends on what you are used to, and being careful.

I have been using this machine for 8 years, never been hurt on it.
P8171922.JPGP8171927.JPG P8181937.JPG P8181938.JPG P7240003.JPG P7240006.JPG

The put together thread: http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/272163-fel-toro-groundsmaster-put-together.html

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #13  
I've run similar ones without incident. Really good for cleaning out small barns with poor access. They do the job just gotta be careful.

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #14  
Like all tools or machines, it is only as dangerous as the idiot at the controls.

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #15  
The lack of a ROPS/FOPS doesn't bother me as much as the apparent lack of a seat belt.

no rops no seatbelt.

doesn't seem much worse than running a small tractor with a loader where you can see payload a few feet diagonally in front of you when lifted...

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #16  
There is a reason they don't make em like that anymore. You buy an old design for the right price and think you will put some good cage on it and do some safety modifications, and then time goes on and you don't. Then you get in trouble and wish you had bought the better one, or at least fixed this one up.

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #17  
There is a reason they don't make em like that anymore. You buy an old design for the right price and think you will put some good cage on it and do some safety modifications, and then time goes on and you don't. Then you get in trouble and wish you had bought the better one, or at least fixed this one up.

i think 3 of the tractors out of my small fleet have rops.

99% of the safety gear is setting on the shoulders of the operator...

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #18  
It's MY responsibility to run it safely. Not the manufactures.

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #19  
yup. all they have to do is make it correctly.. and not have inherrant safety defects..

/ Would you feel comfortable operating this skid steer??? #20  
no rops no seatbelt.

doesn't seem much worse than running a small tractor with a loader where you can see payload a few feet diagonally in front of you when lifted...

I've seen people use skid steers and get them bouncing/bucking back and forth from front tires to rear tires. This was no doubt because of inexperience in running them but they ran the real risk of getting pitched out of the seat if they were unbelted. Even though the machine would not run over them, they could have been injured (with varying degrees of severity) if they had been pitched onto the bucket if they were running a skid steer with out seat belt or a cab. I've also seen skid steers that get pitched forwards because of raising the loaded bucket high and reversing too quickly or slowing too quickly. I've never seen a tractor with loader behave like that.