/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #1  

bcp

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2360
Any translators?

Bruce

/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #2  
There is nothing showing. BTW, I can look at other videos. Perhaps, another attempt on your end?

/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #4  
Very interesting. I would like to know what they are saying. :confused3:

/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #5  
I had to cut a severely leaning tree that I was afraid of once. I didn't want to get under it to make an undercut. I wrapped a chain around it above the cut so it couldn't split open. Had to drive a spike in to hold the chain up. Worked fine, it went right down. I suppose a logger wouldn't want to drag a chain around though. Just a one time thing for me.

/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #6  
Is that a logging school simulator?

/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #7  
Yes. Pretty self explanatory. Illustrates the dangers of cutting a log under stress and how to relieve the stress.

/ "Barber chair" simulator for the tree cutters here #8  
Yes, I can translate, but as Todd says, most is self explanatory.
Yes, Ed, it is a training tool to show what happens, and thereby what to do to prevent bad things. The German schools are pretty in depth on everything they do, when you go through the woodcutting courses there (have not been myself yet) you have a pretty substantial knowledge base to work from.

So, translation.....

I am not good enough to translate on the fly and type.

basically he is saying there are a lot of different stresses in the wood and here is an example of different things

Druck means pressure, Zug means tension (or stressed side)

So, he is showing you what to look for and in particular to always stay on the "safe" side.

Not much of a translation, but listen for those words and watch what he is doing and basically he is rolling around the pressure, says both ends are fixed, and we are applying pressure here, this makes this side under pressure and this side under tension and you have to be careful as there is a lot of force here. Cut a little here, then finish from here, this is what can happen. You know he is not a true Bayer though as he would have had to say, "here, hold my beer and watch this" :laughing: