Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #1  

Trails End

Gold Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT335
Today, I was cleaning up some brush and fallen trees. There was one small maple, about 5 inches diameter
at the base that was in my way, so I knocked it down flat with the grapple, then proceeded to finish
uprooting the root ball. I had the grapple teeth under the root ball and when I curled the grapple up to
break it free, I was suddenly listing to port about 15 degrees (tipping to the left). Thanks to information
that I read on TBN somewhere, I quickly realized what was happening, and quickly put the loader in 'float'
mode and my world return to an even keel.

I was on perfectly flat ground with 500 lbs of box blade ballast on the rear and loaded rear tires (rim guard).
This was my first experience having the rear end lift off the ground, despite many heavy lifts I've made with
the loader with either the bucket or grapple attached.

Again, THANK YOU, TBN!!!

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #2  
I am glad it worked out for you and you're safe. I have had my rear wheels in the air more than once myself.

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #3  
Pucker power!

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #4  
Ya that will get your attention! Be safe

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #5  
I am sincerely glad that everything worked out. Fast thinking and knowledge can't be beat.

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #6  
It will leave you feeling like there is a pit where your stomach used to be.

Once me and Daddy were digging a fish pond, him on the backhoe, and me on Uncle James' MF135 with a boxblade. I was smoothing the dumped dirt on the bank. I got the 135 out of sorts trying to go from one too big a pile of dirt to the next one. One rear tire was up in the air and it sure felt like I was going to go over the side. I shut her down and we used the backhoe to get some dirt nearby, then we shoveled it under the tire. I was able to ease back to the first mound of dirt, and on to level ground. Then I backed up to it and knocked the top off it [like I should have done to start with] before I tried to tackle it with the tractor again.

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #7  
just a had a similar experience with my L5740. Lifting a load of rough cut barn siding off the trailer. couldnt quite get the load centered. picked it up enough to clear the fenders and started backing up RR tire went up I kinda teetered till i brought the load back down on the trailer. I was able to lift and reposition a few times till I could get it centered on the 10ft long boards. Thinking I might look into wheel weights for my tractor.

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #8  
Haha when lifting my scrap container on the trailer, with no rear ballast, my tractor usually stands on 3 wheels as soon as i get off. the front axle pivots only 12 or 15 degrees so i dont care much, as long as its on flat terrain and the weight isnt lifted above the front axle pivot point.

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN
OK, but I think I'll refrain from making a habit of that maneuver again! Once was enough!

/ Possible rollover prevented - Thanks to TBN #10  
Glad to hear that everything worked out ok for you.

I had a similar experience last year with snow. It was very wet and very heavy. Scooped it up and it stuck together way out in front of the bucket. Went to back up(I live on a slope), and the tractor started rolling to the right side.

I did the same as you...........slammed it in float and the bucket dropped like a rock, stopping the roll.